IGNORED

My wreck is being auctioned

Prairiehammer

If someone was interested in the trailer from this bike, maybe we could go together on bidding on it.

I am interested primarily in motor & suspension items on bike, but have no desire in keeping the trailer.

I am about 60 miles from bikes location, so I could get bike if bidding were to be succesful.

Gary

Gary; Did u check to see if you can buy it? I did and I can't. Must be a licensed dealer(salvage) to buy vehicles from oh, al, wi, and mi. You can pay a licensed dealer to buy it for you. They have a list of buyers that do that(brokers). Check it out before last minute. Maybe its different if you live in Oh. but I live in Mi and can't buy them here. Good luck brother. I will keep price down for ya.

Gary; Did u check to see if you can buy it? I did and I can't. Must be a licensed dealer(salvage) to buy vehicles from oh, al, wi, and mi. You can pay a licensed dealer to buy it for you. They have a list of buyers that do that(brokers). Check it out before last minute. Maybe its different if you live in Oh. but I live in Mi and can't buy them here. Good luck brother. I will keep price down for ya.

Working on registration through a broker. They have a lot of forms and rules.

Gary

Interesting bidding process, once the online pre-bid time expires, it goes to a live auction.

Huh?!

So what purpose is the "online pre-bid"? When it goes to "live auction", one starts all over? What if I had bid $xxx in the "pre-bid"? Is the pre-bid just to save a place for the REAL auction?

Hmmm.

Interesting as you say. Keep us posted as to how it works out for you.

Huh?!

So what purpose is the "online pre-bid"? When it goes to "live auction", one starts all over? What if I had bid $xxx in the "pre-bid"? Is the pre-bid just to save a place for the REAL auction?

Hmmm.

Interesting as you say. Keep us posted as to how it works out for you.

A lot of auction company's are starting to do this. Basically it's a method of jacking an absentee bid up. I don't like it, but I guess they think they're pulling a fast one. If it's close by I'd get a letter from the broker authorizing to bid on it in their name, and attend the live auction. Screw the prebid....

Had a bid submitted of $325 for bike, have been outbid to $350.

Unless there is some real interest in parts from this bike other than motor/carbs which I want, I am not going to pursue it.

Reality is it will cost me $435 over and above the bid price for the bike with broker & auction house fees, not counting Ohio sales tax. Assuming it went for $500, I would have about a $1000 in it with sales tax and going to pick it up. I don't really need another bike that bad right now. I was only looking at motor for a spare.

Gary

They use the pre bid process to set the live auction starting price. Similar to an absolute auction, the dummies bid on the parcels then the guys with real money combine the parcels they want and buy for an average cost per acre, cutting out all who bid on single parcels. We lost a winning bid on a 600 acre parcel because of this tactic.

If reasonably priced I would like to buy the rider footpegs and foot controls, down to and including the black mounting plates for a project. I would also like to buy the chromed cover plates that are near the footpegs on either side. LMK?

I would pay $80 - $100 to get the parts I wanted with a few small "goodies" thrown in like "Wings" nylon screws and stuff.