IGNORED

Heated Seats

Al Bates

Heated Seats :happy34:

I checked it out at the Michigan Swap Meet yesterday. Talked to the guy and said that he does all models and uses the best stuff out there. He had two seats on display so I sat on them and yes they were warm. Felt good if you know what I mean! The pricing was very reasonable.

http://www.motorcyclehotseat.com

Phone number 248-446-1718

Motorcycle Hot Seat

c/o Steve Tamplin

11484 Ridge Road

South Lyon, MI 48178

E-mail from Steve:

Thanks Al,

Checked out the post and the comments. The heating system will only draw about 2 amps, so that should be no problem. Also the heating element will not change the look of the seat.

Tell the guy's from your forum that if they mention your post for the month of March I will give them a 10% discount. If I get a few jobs, I'll give you a 20% discount on your seat.

Thanks Al!!!

Steve

I have heated seats in my LHS. They are great in the winter. I have no clue why you would need them on the motorcycle. I mean your not driving in the winter snow and ice. However, we can all have heated motorcycle seats if we just eat beans. :rotf::rasberry::rotfl:

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

I have heated seats in my LHS. They are great in the winter. I have no clue why you would need them on the motorcycle. I mean your not driving in the winter snow and ice...

I agree. What I could use is a cooled seat 99% of the time.

Can't remember having a cold butt on a scoot.

Guest Highway

Left out this mourning when it was 39 deg. Wife and I rode for about 5 hours. Thats why they make carharts. Would love to have heated seats, but my 06 has the pillowed type seats and do you know if his system would mess up the seat looks.

E-mail from Steve:

Thanks Al,

Checked out the post and the comments. The heating system will only draw about 2 amps, so that should be no problem. Also the heating element will not change the look of the seat.

Tell the guy's from your forum that if they mention your post for the month of March I will give them a 10% discount. If I get a few jobs, I'll give you a 20% discount on your seat.

Thanks Al!!!

Steve

Only 2 amps? I would have thought you couldn't get enough heat out of 2 amps to do any good. Apparently it works though, or he wouldn't be doing it.

2 amps at 12 volts is 24 watts. That's warm enough when put inside a seat with you butt planted on top.

Compared to the ratings I see on heated jackets and such being in the neighborhood of 75 watts and more, 24 watts just doesn't sound like much. And then about the jackets, I read that you're not supposed to wear very heavy clothing underneath one, as the heating elements need to be pretty well right next to you to transfer the heat. Considering all the winter clothing, jeans - maybe flannel lined, chaps, possibly long johns, and add to that the material of the seat, are you really going to be able to feel 24 watts of heat through all that? I guess the only way to really know would be to try it and see.