IGNORED

Looking to trike my Venture ????

cb1313

I am 60 something and been riding for 45 years. My disabilities have finally caught up with me and the Venture has gotten to be hard to ride. I keep looking at Goldwing trikes but really like my Venture. There is a trike dealer an hour south of me called Misty Mountain trikes. Has anyone been there or have information about them ?

What are them "must" items for the best conversion ?

Loaded question but please answer... which kit is the best ????

A Goldwing rider mentioned to me that a Venture DOES NOT have the POWER for a good bike conversion....OPINIONS ????

Cb thanks for any replys.....

My '09 Venture Hannigan trike routinely carries me (240lbs), my wife (not saying but not the same as the young bride in 1970 (smile)). We do long distance loaded and when my wife packs for a two night trip she takes along enough for a two week stay!!

Ain't never had a problem with lack of power! We ride regularly on interstate, state and county roads. East Tennessee and the states around are all hilly and mountainous. Not a problem for my trike!

If you compare specs of the various big touring machines, you will find that the Ventures V4 will compare favorably or exceed most of the other machines. CC's alone are NOT the only spec to look at.

The Gold Wings are indeed nice, but between the Venture and the Wing....I've sat both and the Venture wins everything except sheer HP and the wretched excess category.

Just my opinion!

I'll 2nd alwrmcusn's statement above. I had a 05 Tri-Wing conversion (lost due being totaled last year) and now own a 09 Hannigan trike. Never have lacked for power with either one thou the 065 did require down shifting sooner in the mountains due to a taller gear ratio. The Hannigan conversion uses a 3:73 axle ratio so keeps the rpms in the right rang on the freeways.

If by chance you do decide to buy B2Dad's trike you won't be sorry. I've spent many a mile riding with him and know that he's taken good care of his baby.

:080402gudl_prv: in your search for a bike to suit you.

Hey John so you've gotten your ride back hey. Take some time getting familiar with it and we'll get together before long.

Larry