IGNORED

Dropped Bike Fines

Freebird

As most of you know, we have something called the SAF Fund. Those funds are used to send flowers to members families when needed, putting up the deposit money and etc. for our international rallies, various other causes. Black Owl has done a fantastic job managing that fund and we all owe him a big round of applause for doing so.

I would ask that the $5.00 "dropped bike fine" be sent directly to Black Owl to be added to that fund. I will ask that he respond to this thread and let you know how it should be sent.

Thanks Much

Guest tx2sturgis

Ok...I knew about the dropped bike donation but had no idea where it went, how to send it in, or what it might be used for.

Hang on....let me check this rock I've been living under....

:think:

As most of you know, we have something called the SAF Fund. Those funds are used to send flowers to members families when needed, putting up the deposit money and etc. for our international rallies, various other causes. Black Owl has done a fantastic job managing that fund and we all owe him a big round of applause for doing so.

I would ask that the $5.00 "dropped bike fine" be sent directly to Black Owl to be added to that fund. I will ask that he respond to this thread and let you know how it should be sent.

Thanks Much

Bad day at Flat Rock. Thought I had already posted a response to this thread last night. But for some reason it didn't come through.

Anywhoooo. Those who have the misfortune of making a dropped bike donation can send their contribution via PayPal to CFAS4U@Charter.net

Those who do not use PayPal can send either a check or cash.

If you are donating with a check, please make the check payable to Russell Hicks and send it to 185 Redwood Drive, Apple Valley, MN 55124. Please tag the check as a SAF Donation.

I have a bank account set up for the SAF, but as we are not a registered non-profit or a business, the account had to be set up in my name.

And, while I hate to see (or hear about) anyone dropping their bike, ALL donations will be graciously accepted.

For the past few years, the fund has been refreshed by money earned through the International Rally, and other member donations, so we have not had to have a fund raising drive.

However, any and all donations will still be a great help and will be graciously accepted.

Thanks much .

Ride smart, ride safe

:15_8_211[1]:

Edited by Black Owl

So do I owe something cause I dropped my flag today?!

:canada:

Yup it was right there on the back of the Scoot when I left for work but when I got to work it was gone. Canadain Flag just thought it was autumn and was supposed to fall on the ground with the rest of the leafs, I guess!?

I just bought it maybe 2 weeks ago, cause my old one was looking kind of dirty.

And it bugged me a little, that the old one had printed on it made in USA!!!???? (Better than made in China, but still!)

So what does it cost for showing "un-intentional" disrespect for your countries flag? :depressed:

So do I owe something cause I dropped my flag today?!

:canada:

Yup it was right there on the back of the Scoot when I left for work but when I got to work it was gone. Canadain Flag just thought it was autumn and was supposed to fall on the ground with the rest of the leafs, I guess!?

I just bought it maybe 2 weeks ago, cause my old one was looking kind of dirty.

And it bugged me a little, that the old one had printed on it made in USA!!!???? (Better than made in China, but still!)

So what does it cost for showing "un-intentional" disrespect for your countries flag? :depressed:

That's $10 for sure!!!!!:yikes:

Well I can live with that.....and as the amount came from a fellow Canuck, that must be $10.00 Canadian which is $9.70 U.S.

So $9.70 will be coming the funds way.

Dam and I got to buy a new flag! :(

I'm fine with $9.70 Canadian! Its not like you dropped it in the states and messed up there roads!!:whistling: At least here someone will pick it up and keep it. Down there you'd just confuse them!:eek: