IGNORED

Thoughts on 2014 WNY mini rally

BIG TOM

Yes, and that is something that I've thought about over the years and is the main reason that this has remained, for the most part, a Venture and Royal Star site. I don't mind what Big Tom is suggesting here and don't think he is suggesting that we change the focus of VentureRider.org

Yes, and that is something that I've thought about over the years and is the main reason that this has remained, for the most part, a Venture and Royal Star site. I don't mind what Big Tom is suggesting here and don't think he is suggesting that we change the focus of VentureRider.org

You are probably one of the few who do....

BTW Don, did you see the VTS patch on EBay? Coincidence???

:15_8_211[1]:

Edited by Black Owl

Some people are reading why to much into this. We are talking about expanding one event, by inviting a small group of riders to a local event for the purpose of helping that group to evolve into their own. And also to help Pioneer with the cost that is involved with an ever expanding event. This has very little to do with Ventureriders as a whole. No one is suggesting letting another group merge with VR. Although we do seem to have an open invitation to anyone regardless what they ride. I mean, we have all, time after time told newbe's and VR veteran's it don't matter what you ride, it's about the ride not the bike. So please do not make more out of this then what it is.

I can see where there maybe some apprehension about this evolving into a merger. Especially when bringing others into the Venture Rider organization that could water down the whole concept of what this forum is about. This a Yamaha Venture forum and the members have a distinct outlook and feel about motorcycling and its members. You will not find this on any other forum.

This needs to be preserved, we are a family and we help and support each other no matter what. I see no reason for not letting them attend the function as guest as it has already been said the more the merrier. If the subject of a merger comes up it must be made clear that they are welcome as individual members but there will be no merger. The integrity of Venture Riders must be preserved first and foremost. :backinmyday:

As a new member I have never felt more welcome on any forum by its members. I for one do not want to see this change, EVER!!!!

That's my two cents and thank you for putting up with my rant.:soapbox:

This isn't about a merger of VR.org and a Spyder forum. Its about one rally where to reduce costs of the band/event for people another group might join in for the fun. Chance to meet other people and possibly "convert" them to Ventures. :whistling:

I'm getting the impression that a mix isn't going over too well but this is a WNY function so whatever that group decides is fine with me. If we are free the time the event is held we'll attend whether there are Spyders there or not.

This isn't a fraternity either. Yes, the WNY group and the Canadian's in South Western Ontario know each other because of VR.org but who is to say that the WNY and SW Canadian group have to exclude all other non-Venture riders? Lets say that the WNY group becomes a combination of 1st/2nd Gens and Spyders.... is that wrong? I don't think so.

I know that group rides often include other Yamaha models, Wings... even Beemer's and Harleys. Nothing wrong with that.

VR.org is for Ventures, Tour Deluxe, and Royal Stars. As a resource it should remain FOCUSED on that subject area. There is a Wing section with 7 pages of posts....if an HD section was added it would appeal to members (and site moderators) who own an HD but wouldn't mean that this becomes a HD forum. The Wing section is a way for members who've switched bikes to stay "in the family" and talk about issues with Wing's. I'm sure if they have major issues they go to the Wing site.

Thats my comments on this.... up to the WNY group to do whatever they feel like doing. Spyders or not...we'll probably attend either way.

I'm OK with the plan to but just a small correction.....the Spyder is NOT Yamaha. :)

Just to clarify...I'm not suggesting that because they are not a Yamaha that we shouldn't do this. Just correcting a statement. :) I don't care that they are not Yamaha's.

I knew someone would find the error, so whose gonna start the spelling and grammar police???

But really, it doesn't matter to me what the people ride, what's more important, is the character of the individual.

Some people are reading why to much into this. We are talking about expanding one event, by inviting a small group of riders to a local event for the purpose of helping that group to evolve into their own. And also to help Pioneer with the cost that is involved with an ever expanding event. This has very little to do with Ventureriders as a whole. No one is suggesting letting another group merge with VR.

Thank you steamer.....this is no different than what we did last year by inviting friends , family and customers of pioneer to come listen to the band........THERE IS NO MERGE...NO TAKEOVER AND NO PLOT TO DISSOLVE VENTURIDERS....GOOD GRIEF !!!!!!!. I can plan my own rally and invite anyone I want...this way you guys can plan a separate event and not worry about over active minds that are concerned about some fictitious takeover....

Again, I have not been contacted by anyone from any group...I was strictly feeling you guys out....SEEMS to me the only opposition to this is from members who don't even come to this rally....thanks for your views......:rant:

OK, with that being said, the WNY gang, who are dedicated VR members, would like to invite all members, their family and friend's and anyone else you can think of, to the 2014 what ever we call it rally. I'm sure we will come up with something snappy, like, WNY friends and family rally and boxing match.:Avatars_Gee_George: Now everyone kiss and make up. After all we are family.:bighug:

Big Tom:

For what it's worth, here is my opinion. I think you should invite whomever you want to a WNY RALLY. It is a once a year event that should be open to everyone. This is about a social event and about supporting the Armstrong family who has shown that they truly have a "family" first attitude. Everyone, who knows the Armstrongs, know they will do everything possible to make your visit to their business a smooth and pleasant affair. I think we should do everything we can to support and help contribute to defraying the costs of the events they host. After all, the events are for our entertainment.

We are NOT talking about changing the makeup of VR.ORG.....This is strictly about one weekend function that is in western NY. As far as I am concerned - The more the merrier. And, in this case, the "invitees" have a common background........we all ride scoots whether they are two, three or more wheels. Just the name on the side of the gas tank is different.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I totally agree with you and Big Tom. I have not commented on some of the post.[ At least I havent posted my comments ] But some of them have left a sore spot on me. Nope don't have a venture anymore . Came across a good deal and took it . If that makes me a bad guy well Ive got big shoulders so im a bad guy. I would love to meet other riders at the next rally.

Bull463

I'm new here. The WNY event was my first. I had a GREAT time. We had Harleys and Kamasakis, Can Ams and Lord knows what else there this year. :thumbsup:

I would really like to see this event take off a bit. Enough to help Pioneer keep it and other events like it going for years to come. I'm for sending out a general "Y'all Come!"

:whistling:As for anyone not riding a 1ST Gen, well it sucks to be them. :stirthepot: But at least they ride.

(we need LOTS and LOTS of 1st Gens there next year:whistling:)

I'm new here. The WNY event was my first. I had a GREAT time. We had Harleys and Kamasakis, Can Ams and Lord knows what else there this year. :thumbsup:

I would really like to see this event take off a bit. Enough to help Pioneer keep it and other events like it going for years to come. I'm for sending out a general "Y'all Come!"

:whistling:As for anyone not riding a 1ST Gen, well it sucks to be them. :stirthepot: But at least they ride.

(we need LOTS and LOTS of 1st Gens there next year:whistling:)

What you forgot to mention is that those harleys, kawasakis, honda valkries, goldwings and can am spyders ALL BELONG TO MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM...guess we should clean house huh... I THOUGHT IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT WE RIDE, BUT TO SOME PEOPLE I GUESS IT DOES...ok I'm done :rant: ps..there will be a rally next year and I DONT CARE WHAT YOU RIDE IN ON and I will invite any guests or patrons that PIONEER wants.....after all its their venue.....who knows after reading this WE MAY NOT BE INVITED BACK..........OH WAIT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY................we will be invited back because they think of us as FAMILY................

Edited by BIG TOM

Tom,

Wow....people really reacting.

For those who do not know.... He has had Honda Valkyrie's at almost all his rallys. My spouse and I usually join. After much, cajoling by Big Tom, I joined venturerider.org. We try to ride with our friends at venturerider.org a couple of times a year.

We keep a busy ride schedule and will go all over the country to see new places and meet friends.

Adding folks to an event, keeps it from getting stale year to year. Remember whatever we ride....we share the same passion for the wind.

that said..... I'm going to go grab my helmet............

Ok guys and gals...had a talk with Terry at Pioneer motorsports about combining our mini rally with a local spyder group that rides out of pioneer.I know some of our members have ridden with them on their rides and tell me thay are a good group like our members here....fun loving , respectful and no goof balls ( well kinda like us with the exception of the goof balls).........well the Idea is to show them how we plan an event and to get our numbers up from 60 that attend to 100 or so....this would help toward the cost of the band when we pass the hat and we would have more campers there...this year I am thinking about more activities at the venue...bike games...softball..picnic games..etc.. (gonna call on the CNY boys on this) and much shorter daily rides......the BBQ will be catered as to free up our members so that they can enjoy the activities and not come to the rally to work all weekend......I want to keep it more relaxed and a less timed event....(we try to cram in as much as possible.....) so what do yo guys think about this ........do you want to expand this to include the local spyder group or do we keep this to ourselves ????? YOUR THOUGHT ARE NEEDED ...THIS IS YOUR RALLY..Tell me your thoughts..........:fnd_(16):

N

Did anybody really read this? Terry was asking for our help to show the Spyder group HOW to put an event on. Thats all.