IGNORED

I rode thew new Indian today

Sylvester

All I can say is "fantastic". This bike will run out from under you quickly (119 Lb. torque). Linked abs brakes were great and the smooth shifting 6 speed was nice. I rode the Indian Vintage, but they all share the same drive train. The Chieftain looks great with the full fairing. I found my ride to be very comfortable and smoot (even over rough RR tracks). Only three colors of red, blue and black but they are pretty colors and good paint work. The seat was very comfortable but I was only on it for 30 min. Cruise control like a car and not like my Sylvester. The only thing lacking for me was a longer handle bar, but they have options available.

My opinion is that they will sell very well. The dealer said he could sell a hundred in a couple months if they were available. Everyone else that demoed today had great things to say also. The motor looks like a retro flat head.

I forgot to add that it is very nimble, Of course I am comparing it to a 12 year old RSMV.

:farmer:

Edited by Sylvester

BUT it's still UGLY!!!:backinmyday:

:mytruck1:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find the Chief Vintage to be to my liking. The Chieftain is not quite a tour bike. There may be a trunk in the future for it. I do like the Victory CCT and I have ridden it in the past. Sylvester will stay my prime tour bike unless totaled. Then all options are open.

I will weight till next year, then I will start to look a little harder for a new bike. And it is a short list. Victory and Indian.

FWIW, the more I ride my CCT, the more I'm liking it. Got almost 11,000 kms on it now and it's running very good. That "clunky" shifting is almost non-existent except when you kick it into 1st. Nothing odd about that ... lots of bikes do it.

Hey Syl. thanks for the ride report,, you lucky cat you!! Our local indian demos are coming in Sept and I can not wait!!!! I watched them unvieled at strugis this year and I gotta say,, I think they are GORGEOUS!!! my little throttle turning fingers have been itchin to twist the throttle on one and to taste that 119 pounds of torque and now YOU did nothing but make the itch go up my arm!!

I know a number of guys at our local HD shops and know there is a pile of them that are headed to GR for the demo also.. I also know that one of those guys actually ordered the new Chieftain right after the unveiling at sturgis..

Got to ask you,, I was told by a Victory tech that one of the things that Polaris did on the Indian was spend a ton of R&D on the tranny/engine, they didnt want a repeat of the tranny issues that plaqued the early Victorys. Now I hear that the outcome is a tranny (on the new indians) that you hardly feel when your shifting.. Can you expound on that??

Hey Syl. thanks for the ride report,, you lucky cat you!! Our local indian demos are coming in Sept and I can not wait!!!! I watched them unvieled at strugis this year and I gotta say,, I think they are GORGEOUS!!! my little throttle turning fingers have been itchin to twist the throttle on one and to taste that 119 pounds of torque and now YOU did nothing but make the itch go up my arm!!

I know a number of guys at our local HD shops and know there is a pile of them that are headed to GR for the demo also.. I also know that one of those guys actually ordered the new Chieftain right after the unveiling at sturgis..

Got to ask you,, I was told by a Victory tech that one of the things that Polaris did on the Indian was spend a ton of R&D on the tranny/engine, they didnt want a repeat of the tranny issues that plaqued the early Victorys. Now I hear that the outcome is a tranny (on the new indians) that you hardly feel when your shifting.. Can you expound on that??

The shift is very smooth, no clunk like Victory's of the past. No hesitation on acceleration or any problems at all with the bike. I loved it. When you ride one you will be amazed at the acceleration with all that torque (hang on). I will order a Chief Vintage sometime in the next 8 months. I want a solo seat the seat rail and the Springfield Blue and distressed brown seat. :clap2::clap2::clap2: