IGNORED

can anyone help on turn signal issue?

Hello everyone! I was tinkering with the rsv (1999) putting on a stebel horn, I finished and did a walk around looking at my lights when I found that I have no turn signals or flasher going to the rear. I do have brake lights and all function up front - just not in the rear. Im guessing its a ground but where do I start? Thanks for any help tj

Hello everyone! I was tinkering with the rsv (1999) putting on a stebel horn, I finished and did a walk around looking at my lights when I found that I have no turn signals or flasher going to the rear. I do have brake lights and all function up front - just not in the rear. Im guessing its a ground but where do I start? Thanks for any help tj

Terry, you may want to take this question to the 2ndGen Tech talk. We have enough trouble just figuring out these 1st Gens.....:detective:

Like he said. Try a new bulb first and the plug under the seat, seeing as how you probable had the seat off to connect your horn it may have come loose. If not that then I would check voltage starting at one of the turn signals and trace back from there.

Hope you get it.

I am overwhelmed and encouraged by the help. I still havent fixed it but feel I am pointed in the right direction. I was a valkyrie rider for 6 years ans enjoyed the bike- but the community in the vrcc was not as helpful and as welcoming as you have been; I am looking forward to being a part of the community for years to come. tj

check the members list and see if there are any other members close by that may be able to help you. we also do garage days here off the forum. all you have to do is put out a post and see if anybody wants to have a garage day to meet and work on y'all's bike. a good way to learn from those that has the knowledge of these bikes. all you need is a place to meet and have a garage to get the bikes in to work on them. you can get about 5 or 6 bikes in a 2 car garage and the bike are not that hard to work on. good luck with your problem, id just check the area you were working in, might have pulled a wire connector loose or a relay in the right side cover.