IGNORED

Rivco center stand

I just ran acrossed this on the RIVCO website. The center stand is now available again for a limited time. I know the stand is big bucks, but it is a class act. I have one on the '99 and love it. I emagine Rivco is doing this to see if there is enough interest to reconsider keeping the stand in the line, and they might have been premature in dropping it. So anyone who's been looking, and has the cash, here ya go... :thumbsup2: Also what needs mentioning is "CALL FOR DETAILS 1-888-801-8222 / 1-262-763-8222. Do not order online. "

OK, I just called Rivco for the details, and they are taking names of those who are interested in picking one up. So far the list is in the teens, and once they get 20 they will call to verify continued interest. This info is actually not new as I remember another member posting about this a while back, but it does help to bring it up again. I'm thinking about picking up another one for Seven so added my name.

Edited by Condor

I have the Rivco center stand on my bike. It is a great acquisition. It is nice to be able to stand the bike up where ever you are without a jack. It makes it handy for oil changes or checks, flat repairs etc. On trips when staying at a motel I will usually stand the bike on the Rivco and use the bike cover overnight. That said having the center stand on the bike does make using a jack harder as it gets in the way. So if you are making an adapter for your jack keep the center stand in mind.

Mike

Yep, it's an awesome addition. I have one on my 2007 RSTD and I use it on a regular basis. I kinda choked a little on the price when I first looked at them, but now that I've experienced the benefits of having it, I would gladly pay the money again if I had a bike without one.

My advise is "get on the list".

I'd definitely recommend one if you can swing the price.

I got mine at a really great price from a member on here who had installed it, then removed it because he didn't like the way he caught the back of his leg on it when rolling the bike backwards.

I've had the "push down pedal" part slightly contact my leg too when pushing the bike backwards, but I love the stand too much to let that bother me.

It doesn't lift the rear tire as high as some of my other bikes' oem center stands do, but the tire still clears the ground well enough. And it takes a good bit more effort for me to "hunch" the bike forward to roll off the stand than my others do.

Still, I use it a lot to stand the bike up straight and secure.

When I talked to the Rivco gal on the phone I did put in a mild protest about the price, and agree $400 bucks is steep. The price used to be $349, and was probably less than that 10 years ago. I lucked out big time on the one I have on the '99. Can't remember exactly where I found it... this board or eBay, but it cost $150. I guess if I cost averaged them it won't hurt as much.... :whistling:

I really want one but the price is a killer. Why do that feel the need to have it chromed? What's wrong with just powder coated or something?

Does the side stand get in the way or interfere with the centre stand at all?

Ditto on the price, but it's the only game in town... It looks good chromed, and it doesn't interfer with the sidestand... The foot lift is black if that'll help.... :whistling:

OK, this may be a bit of a stupid question but... There seems to be a "bracket" or whatever you want to call it, on the RSV for a centre stand. Is it possible that the RSV frame comes from another model that had a centre stand? If so, would the other model's stand work on the RSV or has the geometry of the frame been changed too much? Or did they just put that "bracket" there to drive us crazy?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to the gal about this and gave her my name. They are in the "teens" on the number of folks that have showed interest. I did mention PLAN B. Lets say that not enough folks sign up for them to manufacture again,

WOULD? they make the schematic/plans available so that an individual could fabricate one. I could live with BLACK POWDER COATING. She said that was a great idea and she would run it by the powers to be.

Long Tall

PS..If you are even the slightest bit interested, give them a call and get on the list.

RSV001

Centerstand for Yamaha Royal Star® Venture

Fits Yamaha Royal Star Venture '98 and newer, and fits the Royal Star Tour Deluxe 2005-2008. Bolts directly to the frame, weighs in at only 9 lbs. This centerstand will not interfere with ground clearance or cornering clearance and installs in about 30 minutes. Triple plated chrome. Makes servicing and cleaning your bike easy! RIVCO is offering a special limited addition run of this item. CALL FOR DETAILS 1-888-801-8222 / 1-262-763-8222. Do not order online.

0%

Instruction Downloadshttp://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/skin1/images/spacer.gif Detailshttp://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/skin1/images/spacer.gif SKURSV001Weight16.00 lbsPrice:$399.95

• 1 year later...

Just made the jump from my Gen 1 to Gen 2. I thought I would not miss the center stand boy was I WRONG! I was looking all over and could not find one of the RIVCO stands but noticed Long Tall suggested calling RIVCO and getting on the list. I was pleasantly surprised that they had some in stock. She told me that they had about 15 in stock and would NOT make another run of these. The price with shipping was about 420 which is a lot of money but they are so handy.

etohio

I guess I was one of the 5 who originally bit the bullet. They originally said they were going to make a special run of 20, and I thought they had reached their goal. I guess not.... I agree on the center stand. I already have one on my '99 and really like it. "Specially after coming off a 1stGen. This second one will be going on the '07. Was going to get another for the '04, but triked it instead.... :)