IGNORED

Can I get in this Canada????

Huggy

Ball stud? A trailer hitch? I have "ball studs" on my R/C car & trucks. But for some reason, I doubt your referring to those.:confused24:

Bill

I "think" he's after one of these for fixing the broken tabs on side covers...

[ATTACH]78740[/ATTACH]

I made mine out of 1/4 inch bolts with two nuts. I ground the head of the bolt and polished it to fit similar to the ball studs you mentioned. Then I mounted them with the plastic between the two nuts and cut them to length This way makes the depth adjustable so the panels fit flush.

:lightbulb:

Try Spaenaur (see link), they have just about everything from latches to funny things most stores dont have Hahaha. Only a short drive away from you in Kitchener.

Brad

http://www.spaenaur.com/

:sign yeah that:

Also Faucher (I think that's how you spell it) I also thought I saw some at princess Auto.

At one time I had some in my tool box junk drawer at work. If you haven't found any by the time I get back from my trip the end of next week drop me a PM and I will check to see if I still have any. You could also check Lee Valley and Some other hardware stores. early kitchen cupboard doors used to use a ball and matting spring clip to hold the door closed

:sign yeah that:

You could also check Lee Valley and Some other hardware stores. early kitchen cupboard doors used to use a ball and matting spring clip to hold the door closed

fwiw, I checked Lee Valley and every hardware store around here and nobody had them.

You could also check with some industrial bolt & nut suppliers

-OR-

I could get you some from where I got them and send to you.

Fastenal is THE nut and bolt place here and they never even HEARD of ball studs being sold separate from the gas struts! If you can get me a price I can PayPal you the funds. Then you can buy and send. PM me on it.:backinmyday:

:mytruck1:

I've heard of nose studs, ear studs, tongue studs, even navel studs - but ball studs?

You're making my eyes water just thinking about it!

:rotf::rotf:

Don't forget the ever popular Pe**s stud!!:backinmyday:

You fill in the blanks!!!!!:whistling:

I'm going to go get some today (assuming they have some) from where I got them before.

Maybe I can become a supplier for y'all ? With all these old 1st gens around, there's got to be a market ... heck, I could get rich offn y'all :cool10: :cool10: :whistling:

Well there should be a market here!!!:backinmyday: Have not found them anywhere. It's like trying to buy Kroil here. I have found one supplier that's "Aircraft Spruce Canada" up in Brantford. No one else has even heard of it in Ontario! It's the best penetrating oil I have ever found!:backinmyday:

A very easy fix is to screw a sheet metal screw into tab where original stud was, cut to correct length to bottom on interior of panel(actually inside of panel skin), skim over with plastic goo made from abs and mek. done and works great. I also spread alittle inside of block that made up original stud to give more support. Very strong