IGNORED

Engine on Ebay

Don't know what year this is but it's only about 20 minutes from my house so if any of you buy it and need me to pick it up and store it for you, that would be no problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-1300-engine-take-out-vmax-nice-cond_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ014QQitemZ330211706797QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I just received a reply from the seller asking him what year his take out 'V-Max' motor is. It ain't a V-Max. It really frosts me every time a seller mentions that his Venture motor is 'like a v-max', or 'is the same as a v-max', or... is a v-max because it came out of a Venture. Grrr!! Oh well....time for dinner. Good luck...

Well - I let this one go by. Maybe the seller will put it out again. I agree it would be kinda fun to start a crate and pass it around. I am slowly truing to corner all the boxes of hardware that go for cheap. Why don't we start a needs list? As we all watch e-bay and other places we could possibly do some good for each other.

JB

I am slowly truing to corner all the boxes of hardware that go for cheap. JB

Carefull JB. I have a wall in the garage piled high with office storage boxes full of 1stGen parts because I thought I'd do that a couple of years ago. One of these days when I get the 87 and 93 back on the road I'll pro'bly have one heck of a blow out with what's left. The best things I've picked up off Ebay are 3 to 4 boxes of old Venture...may they rest in peace... nuts, bolts, and screws. $.35 to $1.00 for a new metric nuts or bolts at ACE Hardware get's old quick.

Eck has been accepting 1st and 2nd parts donations from members that are passed on free for the asking, just pick up the shipping costs, and the classified section has a 'Wanted' section that makes a pretty good needs list.