IGNORED

Hannigan trike owners??

bigbob

Does anyone else with a Hannigan kit having trouble with a leaking pinion seal

I have a 2012 kit that leaked last year A dealer installed a new seal & yoke. Was good for the rest of the season. Last week I took a peek under the diff. and it's leaking again. I only have a little over 20,000 Kms (12,000 miles) on the kit. Any ideas???

Love my trike Bob

The guy that did the last seal is a long time auto-teck. He showed me the seal & yoke he was going to install, all looked good. The seal he took out seamed to be quite loose on the yoke seams like something is wearing the seal lip. At first it just leaked a little, the longer i drove it the more it leaked. At the end before changing it the whole back end underneath was dripping oil "big mess".

Thinking of trying to get a complete diff. Don't know if that is going happen.

My nearest dealer is about 4 hrs. from me, get pretty expensive, time, gas, meals motels,just to try eazy fixes.

Keep the ideas coming need all the help I can get.for now

Thanks for now Bob

I'd be calling Hannigan. Dave Hannigan is a great guy and wants customers to be satisfied.

:farmer:

Think I will wait and see what the dealer comes out with. Being an "old" auto mechanic myself I think he did a good job the first time. Something else causing this problem what I don't know what. It's doing the same thing as the first seal. Good for few miles than keeps getting worst. Will see what happens next.

Later Bob

Would you take some photos of this problem and post them please if you can ?

If you want to send me your Email add. I could send them to you to post on here, as I don't have a clue on how to do that.

Bob

If I were you I would call Hannigan ASAP. They will take care of you.

We had a guy with the same problem and he called them up and they said to bring it back to the factory being we were not that far and he likes to travel and they fixed his at no charge. CALL: Still going stronge

:cool10:

If I were you I would call Hannigan ASAP. They will take care of you.

We had a guy with the same problem and he called them up and they said to bring it back to the factory being we were not that far and he likes to travel and they fixed his at no charge. CALL: Still going stronge

:cool10:

I wish I could I could do the factory thing, but at 1608 miles it's not going to happen. Will give my dealer a chance, will see where this goes for now.

Thanks for the tip,Bob

If you change your mind and want to try the factory...we can help you with the lodging as we don't live that far from Hannigan. We also have a Hannigan trike and have not had any troubles that you speak of. They are pretty good people at Hannigans and would try to accomodate you any way they could.

Let us know if you change your mind.

Patti and Don

If you change your mind and want to try the factory...we can help you with the lodging as we don't live that far from Hannigan. We also have a Hannigan trike and have not had any troubles that you speak of. They are pretty good people at Hannigans and would try to accomodate you any way they could.

Let us know if you change your mind.

Patti and Don

Thank you for your kind offer but it's just too far.

Ride safe Bob

• 1 month later...

Went to pickup my trike today from dealer in Saskatoon Sk. 750 km.(466miles) round trip.

At first they only wanted to try another seal. The dealer went to bat for me and got me a complete new diff. I'm very happy about that,hope this is the end of my oil leak problems.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the tips from everyone.

Bob

You have a good dealer there. Your problem should be history with a new rear end.

Have agree with you on a good guy, turn that David & Ruth Hannigan are orginally from Saskatoon Sk. Leon (dealer)& David are longtime friends, before they moved to Toronto Ont. then to Murry Ky. in 1992

Got to get out and make some miles now. P.I.P. at end of the month to start with.

Ride safe Bob