IGNORED

'09RSV Question.

Condor

Anyone here have one of the '09's in Seashell/Raven. My question is does the Seashell look like it's a shade of silver??? I'm about ready to pop for one, but it has to be silver looking...... It's on eBay by a local to me seller, and from what I've read about him in the feedback file he's not all that communicative..... I've tried 3 times, and only received one response....

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/09-YAMAHA-XV1300-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-GAS-TANK-OEM-/20/!B08U2fwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjwE)oGHglZJBMccmDWON!~~_12.JPG

I saw one in a show room awhile back and it was a couple of shades lighter than my sand colour. Just a hint of gold. Lots of ppl mistake mine for silver in certain lighting, so I think the 09 would be hard to tell that its not silver.

Brian

HMMM did some looking on the net, and now it looks gold to me... here is the link to a bunch of images.

[ame=http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1078&bih=564&q=2009+royal+star+venture&oq=2009+royal+star+venture&gs_l=img.3..0l4j0i22i30l6.2278.9811.0.10177.23.17.0.6.6.0.143.1872.1j16.17.0....0...1ac.1.19.img.wKLjoN4wIo8]2009 royal star venture - Google Search[/ame]

Jack, are you looking at the bike or just the tank???

Just the tank Bob. While I was down and out for the last year and a half I let the '99 sit without any fuel in the tank because I had all good intentioins of fiddling with a few things when I got back from Cody. But I didn't. So the tank rusted up. Not to bad I think?? A cloth down the fill walls wiped them clean, but it does look heavier on the bridge. Anyway I thought that if the tank was more a shade of silver it would come close to matching the 2-tone silver i have now. From all the feedback it looks like I'd better stay away from this one. I didn't want to have to paint. I could have lived with a silver/black.

No, I'm thinking the difference would be just a tad too noticeable...

I agree.

I did find another tank off a '99, in mint condition, on eBay. Made three offers on it and was rejected on all three. I hate being rejected... :( They want $359 for it. I offered $200..$225...$250... Three offers are all you get with eBay. So I contacted them and they countered at $300. I had to stick to the $250. There are 2 or 3 other '99 tanks for around $200 listed.

I also found a place down in SoCal that does tanks. http://www.gastanklining.com/index.html My stock tank is very clean cosmetically so maybe for $125...$150 I could have it lined and I'd never have to worry about rust again.

Remove rust the safe, clean, and simple way with Metal Rescue rust remover bath! This amazing product effectively and easily removes rust from the most heavily corroded iron and steel parts. Simply soak them in a plastic container of the solution for five minutes to 24 hours, depending on the rust severity, and then rinse and dry. That's it! Metal Rescue is non-toxic and contains no caustic ingredients or acids--you can literally put your bare hands into the formula! It's environmentally friendly, too, and is safe for drains and sewer systems. Metal Rescue rust remover bath truly is safe on everything except rust. It will not compromise the functionality or mechanical properties of the metal, and you can use your parts immediately after removal from the liquid.

Several members from the XS1100 Yamaha site has used this and love it. It will not heart paint.. Two gals. will do the job and it can be reused to do other jobs. Tractor Supply and Lowes has it for around $25.00 a gal.

Earl

Remove rust the safe, clean, and simple way with Metal Rescue rust remover bath! This amazing product effectively and easily removes rust from the most heavily corroded iron and steel parts. Simply soak them in a plastic container of the solution for five minutes to 24 hours, depending on the rust severity, and then rinse and dry. That's it! Metal Rescue is non-toxic and contains no caustic ingredients or acids--you can literally put your bare hands into the formula! It's environmentally friendly, too, and is safe for drains and sewer systems. Metal Rescue rust remover bath truly is safe on everything except rust. It will not compromise the functionality or mechanical properties of the metal, and you can use your parts immediately after removal from the liquid.

Several members from the XS1100 Yamaha site has used this and love it. It will not heart paint.. Two gals. will do the job and it can be reused to do other jobs. Tractor Supply and Lowes has it for around $25.00 a gal.

Earl

Thanks Earl.... I just might give Metal Rescue a try. When removing 'patina' off brass boat parts we use half and half, white vineger and water. Since it's all oxydation, I wonder what it'd do to rusted steel??? It's only $3.50/gal...:)

I did some poking around and found this on MR's website.

Hope this works...

Edited by Condor