IGNORED

Canada Day Ride, SW Ontario Niagara Loop & BBQ

Wizard765

We are planning a ride starting in Caledonia leaving at 10:00 am. Stopping in Niagara on the Lake for a roadside BBQ (bring your own pot luck style). Some folks are starting in Kitchener at the Tim Hortons on Homer Watson Drive (stands up at 8:30)

Caledonia is my house.. GPS put in 2 Glenmor Pl. Caledonia.. Actual address is 89.. Bathroom break available..

REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR LUNCH TO BBQ AND STUFF TO SHARE. Robin and I will have potato salad to share. Cooler will be along to hold refreshments...

Edited by Wizard765

This is a long post.

First, This has been a team effort. Thank you Wayne and Don for assisting.

Second,

A small portable BBQ (propane) will be brought along on the trip. It is as I call it, my laptop bbq. So , 2" steak is not encouraged, but other easy grilling would be ideal. Burges, dogs, sausage, chicken, even some veggies, if that's your thing.

I will pull the trailer for the BBQ and a Cooler, SO there will be space/place to store your "stuff". As for plates/utensils/etc, I will have that loaded in the trailer and all is good to go.

Third,

the stop for lunch will be along the Niaraga Parkway between Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake. It will be a pull off park location.

Forth,

It is Canada Day, so, proudly promote your Country! We have many, many things to be proud of as Canadians!

Final thoughts,

You guys ROCKS! Thanks for pulling this together on short notice.

1st location for gathering will be Kitchener , Tim Horton's, Homer Watson Blvd across from Conestoga College. Kickstand up and rolling 8:30 AM.

2nd location will be stop and meet at Wizard765 (Wayne's home) in Caledonia. Kickstands up and rolling at 10:00 AM.

Lunch in the 12:30-1:00pm range.

Fuel and rest stops as required. PLEASE be FUELED UP for the start.

NOTE: Niagara Falls along the Falls will be busy and please keep your head up for the cagers and pedestrians.

Until Monday,

Keep the rubber side down and ride safe.

Edited by thecount

Enjoy your trip. Sounds like you made it home from Don's the other night and all is funcition well on our bike.

S2

Sounds like a great ride with good friends, I wish we could make it. We will be on the road for our two week ride.

Granddaughter's birthday party on monday...:dancefool:.................................................

.:95:

you guys have fun. :beer::canada::group cheers:

Like the other older guy above:backinmyday:. I unfortunately will not be able to join in either, as it is my Grandsons Birthday also. I hope you all have a great and safe ride.:canada:

They're having the Canada Day parade from Victoria St. to Crysler (Yes that's how it's spelled!) this year and the party in Victoria Park doesn't start till 8:00 p.m. so if you plan on riding by the falls you should only have regular tourist traffic - although that can get ugly on a long weekend in the summer. Also, there was construction on a small bridge just south of the falls which was reducing lanes from 4 to 2 and occasionally 1. If that is still going on, you could be in for a long, long wait to cross that bridge. If that's the direction you want to take, I'd be tempted to get off the Parkway at Bridge St. and head over to Stanley Ave. Then go left to Marineland Parkway and follow that into Chippewa. From there you can get back on the Parkway and head out towards Fort Erie with a very nice view all the way. You can take it all the way to Garrison Rd. which is Hwy 3 and that will get you heading home. Or if you're in a hurry there are some other roads (Netherby Rd. for instance) that can get you headed back home sooner. This way you'll miss seeing the falls, but that may not be such a bad thing given what the traffic situation may be like at that bridge construction. If the stars align (Decent weather, no digestive system problems) I may head out to Caledonia to join you. I'll be solo as my wife can't ride anymore. If I go I'll have hot dogs and see about some homemade dessert.

Andy

New to this website and finding it difficult to navigate. I MAY have replied to Wizard via private mail but can't get any get confirmation that my message went thru. Don't want people waiting for me somewhere if I am not going to be there.

Don Mc and wife will not be attending. Family business got messed up Sunday and ned Monday to fix. Sorry Enjoy the day and ride safe

Don Mc

Guest Swifty
We were trying to join in the fun but I still have some work in the morning to finish up so it's a no for us. :crying::crying: may get out for a ride in the afternoon. Have fun.

...some people need to be nagged about NOT working on long weekends as much as they nag other people about needin to buy BMW motorcycles!!

Just sayin.

Edited by Swifty

Hi Everybody, saw you all enjoying your BBQ along the Niagara Parkway just outside of Niagara on the Lake. My daughter and I were out for a ride doing the Niagara Parkway from Fort Erie back through Niagara on the Lake into St Catharines and then back to Stoney Creek.

Hope everybody enjoyed their ride and the BBQ

Mike

Guest Swifty

I heard the sound of your engine, said to those near me, "that sounds like a...(turned my head) ...first gen." Sure enough, you rode by.

Hi Everybody, saw you all enjoying your BBQ along the Niagara Parkway just outside of Niagara on the Lake. My daughter and I were out for a ride doing the Niagara Parkway from Fort Erie back through Niagara on the Lake into St Catharines and then back to Stoney Creek.

Hope everybody enjoyed their ride and the BBQ

Mike

There was lots on the grill or could have been added to the grill. Ya should have stopped.

Great day riding. Start planning the next road side bbq adventure.

Our total mileage was 500 Km for the day.

HAPPY Canada Day folks! Proud to be a Canuck , Eh!