IGNORED

Side stand replaced on Heather's bike near Oberlin

dingy

Heather & Rachel followed me to my house in Mansfield Sunday morning. Heather had the side stand bolt break on her 84 Venture near MD this weekend. This failure also caused the side stand rear ear to break off also. No welder available at Freebird's.

I wasn't sure I had one at house as I had just sent one to GAWildcat a couple of weeks ago. If I didn't I was going to put Tweety on center stand and take side stand from it and put it on Heather's bike. She had a long ride to Florida to get back home. Would have been a long ride with no side stand.

Turns out I did have another spare. Took less than 30 minutes to get it modified and put on bike with a bolt that shouldn't break.

Another satisfied Venture Rider !!

:sign isnt that spec

Gary

This is another good time to warn others to check the play in their side stand. If you let the bolt get loose, it WILL become a problem. With the bike on the center stand, check the play in the side stand and if you have as much as 1/4 inch play at the end, you need to do what you can to tighten it up.

Dingy, ya done good.

RandyA

mine was lose when i checked it last week when it was on the center stand in advance auto parking lot i was able to tighten it up by hand after reading your post i will look a little closer and harder at it looks like i will be replacing the bolt in it real soon

Great job, Gary! And it was nice to see you again at Don's.

I have three of the bolts & both nuts that are used for Gary's conversion on the side stand. I will send them to whoever wants them....no charge. Just PM me your name and address.

Jim

PM sent