IGNORED

Joe has bike trouble

mm482

I just got off the phone with estcwjoe (Joe Pat). He is in Blacksburg Va., at his sisters. His bike will not say running and he thinks it is the fuel pump. His sister is going to carry him to an auto parts store to get an fuel pump. If he can get it fixed he will head on up to MD, but if he can’t get it running right he may have to head back south.

Earl

There is a point set under the plastic end cap on the factory pump,

Take the cover off and use an emmory board or nail file and clean the contact points.

It will work untill ya get home.

Mike

There is a point set under the plastic end cap on the factory pump,

Take the cover off and use an emmory board or nail file and clean the contact points.

It will work untill ya get home.

Mike

Now THAT was a brilliant idea. How do you guys figure this stuff out???

I think some of the best ideas for fixing things come while pushing a 800+ pound motorcycle that don't run.

Makes you think faster. :thumbsup2:

that is very true, and i always take apart failed items to look for a fix.:detective:

:cool10:

that is very true, and i always take apart failed items to look for a fix.:detective:

:cool10:

Darn good idea. I did that last year when my ignition switch failed. I was able to repair rather than replace and it has worked fine ever since.

Andy

Yamaha of Louisville fixed me up this morning after Spider (Rex) texted me to give them a call. I had forgot how much dealers charge for service and tires :bang head: but they had me back on the road in a couple of hours and were real nice about everything. I came close to trading my bike in on a 2012 Venture but thought better of it.

Thanks for all the calls, text, posts and e-mails!!!! Made a bad situation a whole lot better :thumbsup2: