IGNORED

Brantford Ride Nite

Marcarl

Guest Swifty
Again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 6:30pm and I don't know, will not know, and may even change my mind onceit I get where I isn't going.

Now iffin you 'as a better ide, then I'll be so gracious as to let you voice it.

And we were in Woodstock lasta weeka,,,, didn't see anyboodie so carried on as usual.

...this time, if we could plan the ice cream stop CLOSER IN TIME to when most have dessert...that'd be sorta nice. Does Turkey Point have a shop that is open in the evenings?

...this time, if we could plan the ice cream stop CLOSER IN TIME to when most have dessert...that'd be sorta nice. Does Turkey Point have a shop that is open in the evenings?

Ancaster might be a better choice tonight, we have a rider from St Kitts with us, so maybe the same route as we did a couple of weeks ago, just shortened a little.

Mike (Semi-Retired) and Mike (Stick Handler) with Tammi (Stick Handler's wife) followed MarCarl around for bit tonight. We cut things a little shorter and were on the way home at 9 approx. Just in time, for 5 minutes after I got home it started to get wet,,,,, Ice-cream sure was good though.

Mike (Semi-Retired) and Mike (Stick Handler) with Tammi (Stick Handler's wife) followed MarCarl around for bit tonight. We cut things a little shorter and were on the way home at 9 approx. Just in time, for 5 minutes after I got home it started to get wet,,,,, Ice-cream sure was good though.

Thanks for the ride, Carl. Good scenery......and good ice cream.

Can't say I enjoyed the scarifying on the Niagara Falls-bound section of the QEW QUITE as much.....especially in the dark.......at 120Kliks.

I noticed on the way home that you were absolutely right about my speedo when you mentioned on the way to MD that it was off. My GPS confirmed that it was WAAAAAAAYYYY off....like 12KPH. I guess that Avon must be a much smaller diameter than the stock tire. (Or, my speedo is just wacky!)

Later,

m

Thanks for the ride, Carl. Good scenery......and good ice cream.

Can't say I enjoyed the scarifying on the Niagara Falls-bound section of the QEW QUITE as much.....especially in the dark.......at 120Kliks.

I noticed on the way home that you were absolutely right about my speedo when you mentioned on the way to MD that it was off. My GPS confirmed that it was WAAAAAAAYYYY off....like 12KPH. I guess that Avon must be a much smaller diameter than the stock tire. (Or, my speedo is just wacky!)

Later,

m

I will echo the thanks to Carl for the good lead, and yes I am discovering this ice cream with riding a motorcycle thing.

Michael -- how did the golf game go this morning were you able to get it in, it was raining here in the Creek.

Mike

How long do you all typically ride for on these evening outings?

We normally head out about 6:30, unless of course the party decides to keep talking and then we could go as late as 7:30. We stop when it's stopping time and not before, but maybe slightly after, depends on how many 2nd gens are along.

Actually, every night is different, it all depends on who's riding and from where, what time is best for those involved and those waiting at home. Last night we headed to the Niagara side of things because 2 riders were from that way. Last week we headed for Woodstock because that made sense,,,Swifty had to get to bed on time, he is a teacher eh, and we all know how much they need their beauty sleep.

I try not to plan too much, so to leave it open for what's needed. You are welcome to join us, or post a ride of your own, there are a few members out your way as well, or maybe we'll come out to join your ride.

there are a few members out your way as well, or maybe we'll come out to join your ride.

Speaking of which.......I was pleasantly surprised while perusing the Community (Members List) to see how many members there are IN and around St. Catharines.

Is there any way to sort the list by city?

Speaking of which.......I was pleasantly surprised while perusing the Community (Members List) to see how many members there are IN and around St. Catharines.

You can, but I don't think it works very well, due to members not in-puting the right info or enough of it.

Go to community, members list, do an advanced search.

I don't think there is a way to sort the list while viewing on the VRO site, but if you download the VentureRider Assistance list to your computer as an Excel spreadsheet, you can sort that list by state/province and the cities will be listed alphabetically. Granted the VR assistance list is not as up to date (hint) as the "community" list and not all members have been added to the "assistance" list.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45159&highlight=assistance+list

Michael -- how did the golf game go this morning were you able to get it in, it was raining here in the Creek.

Mike

I don't know if ANYONE golfed in Niagara Falls on Thursday (wow...was that only YESTERDAY?? Time sure flies when you're semi-retired!!)...I know I didn't. I just sat inside and watched the monsoon go through. Starting to get a weee taste of what many of our South-of-the-border brethren are going through. Not nice.(But thanks for asking......which I guess you HAD to do....seeing as I TOLD you about it twice and all!! :-)

Later

HaHa yes you did. I can also appreciate the ride home that night with the QEW all cut up for resufacing, I do not like riding on the grooved stuff either.

I am not far down the road if you ever want to ride, I tend to do the wine route alot when I need some therapy.

Hopefully this weekend will be a good one, so everyone can get out and enjoy it.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
For those who would like to know, I will be working on an 84 this evening, hoping to get it running so the owner can ride it this weekend.

Have fun, buddy; don't work too hard!

I'm up in Ottawa with Jackie (in a cage) visiting my son and his family. Seeing Black Keys at Bluesfest tonight and back home on Saturday.

Enjoy the swampy weather!!