IGNORED

Movie Camera

djh3

Wondering is anyone mount up a c amera on thier bike on trips? What kind are you using? Dont want to spend the bucks on go pro. Not sure this is something I am going to do but might be cool on my Canada trip.

I picked up a Drift X 170

You can get them refurbished for about $100

Not spectacular...but it does a good job.

It comes with a remote control you can strap on your wrist as a few different mounting straps, bits and pieces.

You can get about 3-4 hours recording time.

A riding friend of mine uses his regular video camera mounted on the handlebar. It is a very small handheld unit (don't know the brand/model). A plus is that he can flip out the little LCD screen and get it lined up just right. He shoots thru the windscreen and the results are surprising good! Wind noise can be edited/dubbed over later on their computer.

Yea had spotted a couple on tiger direct for around 40-50. Didnt know how much could record on sd card or how long battery might last. Looks like I would need a fist full for a days rideing.

Do your research on memory for the camera. Newer cameras are capable of accepting/requiring class10 SD cards (fast) and 64gb capacity. Lower capacities obviously have lower recording time, and cost. Also check to see how long the camera records in terms of minutes or gb before it automaticly stops, and record must be activated again.

I have a now obsolete Toshiba Camleo Air 10 (similar to flip style cameras of a few years ago) that has 64gb capacity but will record ony 4gb segments as it is programmed to save power by turning off the record, then power a few minutes later, so the camera record must be turned on again to keep recording.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88