IGNORED

New diaphragms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deltarat

Back in December I gave myself an early Christmas Present and found a set of new diaphragms for my 89vr on E-bay for a very affordable $41.00 needless to say I was all over them like oil drips under a Harley! Tonight I finally got out to the garage and replaced the diaphragms, much easier than I anticipated and I also found that the front left plug boot was very very loose, probably a 3/4" gap between electrode and plug tip. Well since I bought the 89 1 1/2 years ago it has been pretty doggy in the acceleration dept. However tonight when I took the old girl out with her new diaphragms..... WOW!!! now this rides like a 1300cc bike, I get full extension out of the front forks under acceleration, throttle response is a 100% better, cant wait till I put new plugs in her and resink the carbs.

Just a note for those who use liquid electrical tape to patch their diaphragms be very careful when I pulled the old diaphragms out which I had used the liquid tape on, I found that it had flaked badly and the air bleed holes were covered.

Now that the bike seems to be running better can't wait for the meet and eat later on this month.:bikersmilie:

the seller was pnelson, and he originally put the auction as four sets of 4 instead of one set of four, by the time he relisted the diaphragms the other buyers must have moved on, because the first auction ended at $71.00, the second correct auction ended at $41.00 I'm sure he was very disappointed.

I don't feel sorry for that person, I asked him what was up with the way he had it posted, through Ebay. days before the auction ended and he didn't answer me back so I didn't bid on them. I stated, that as he had it posted, he was going to have some upset bidders.

Back in December I gave myself an early Christmas Present and found a set of new diaphragms for my 89vr on E-bay for a very affordable $41.00 needless to say I was all over them like oil drips under a Harley! Tonight I finally got out to the garage and replaced the diaphragms, much easier than I anticipated and I also found that the front left plug boot was very very loose, probably a 3/4" gap between electrode and plug tip. Well since I bought the 89 1 1/2 years ago it has been pretty doggy in the acceleration dept. However tonight when I took the old girl out with her new diaphragms..... WOW!!! now this rides like a 1300cc bike, I get full extension out of the front forks under acceleration, throttle response is a 100% better, cant wait till I put new plugs in her and resink the carbs.

Just a note for those who use liquid electrical tape to patch their diaphragms be very careful when I pulled the old diaphragms out which I had used the liquid tape on, I found that it had flaked badly and the air bleed holes were covered.

Now that the bike seems to be running better can't wait for the meet and eat later on this month.:bikersmilie:

Ask Skid about this one.

I don't feel sorry for that person, I asked him what was up with the way he had it posted, through Ebay. days before the auction ended and he didn't answer me back so I didn't bid on them. I stated, that as he had it posted, he was going to have some upset bidders.

I did the same thing. Can't figure out what was going thru his mind, but good on ya anyway Orrin. Persistence does pay off. Get that puppy over here and let's sync'm.....:thumbsup2:

Hey Guys,

I just purchased new Diaphragms from Flatout MotorCycles in IN. I got the info from this group and they have been great to work with. Chris is Parts is very helpful and even returns phone calls. Anyway, I got them for $55 each, which is a awesome price (my local thief (dealer) wanted $97 each. I have included his link. I can't say enough about their service, he even shipped it on Thursday and I got it on Friday AM (in Florida), and it only cost me an extra $5 bucks!! http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_select.asp, I purchased part # 41R-14940-09-00. Good luck and I hope this helps

Well, you know how that nelson clan can be....:duck::stirthepot:

HEY, me and DON, and rattlesnake, and bisquit, and RL, is nelsons! we ain't never cheated ANY member!

be careful , how you throw that "pasture loop"!!!!

people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks!

just jt

My dealer will let me have them for 41 apiece and I have used liquid tape one them but was wondering how well that is really working and if I get a new set if anyone has noticed fuel milage change??:confused07:

We repaired a couple of diaphragms on HDHTR's '91 a couple of years ago with liquid tape and as far as I know they are still doing good. Buddy Rich did the application after washing the phram down with alcohol. That along with a carb sync and Steve was braggin' about his 48 mpg, and said he was afraid to touch it..... :)

My dealer will let me have them for 41 apiece and I have used liquid tape one them but was wondering how well that is really working and if I get a new set if anyone has noticed fuel milage change??:confused07:

A very good price! Care to share the dealers name and do they do online orders?:D

A very good price! Care to share the dealers name and do they do online orders?:D

He gives me that price because I work on bikes for him that he doesnt want to work on but I will see what I/he can do and I dont think he does on line orders but again I will talk to him, the name is Clovis cycle and RV.

He gives me that price because I work on bikes for him that he doesnt want to work on but I will see what I/he can do and I dont think he does on line orders but again I will talk to him, the name is Clovis cycle and RV.

Great! I'll hang tight untill you know more.:thumbsup2::D

the yamaha guy told me a few minutes ago 42.90 each for the xvz1300 an 66 for the xvz1200 hoe ever I think he messed up and not sure how many I could get for that price as that is his cost. but I talked to my honda guy and he said he would sell me as many as I want for the xvz1300 for 46.00 and for the xvz1200 would also be 66.00. The yamaha guy has to be paid up front. they both get them from after market. plus 7% tax so about 49.00 just let me know and I will get them coming.

they are after market ?? do you know who makes them ?? i did not know there was a after market diaphragms . have you bought any yet ?? need more info , i need 4 for silver and 3 for blacky but i need a little more info on the after market ones .

thanks

thom