IGNORED

"Green" Car

Freebird

Had to go to the store this morning and saw this on the way home. I was behind it until it pulled over into that turning lane. The winder actually turned while the car was moving. :) May have just been the wind turning it because it seemed to be totally random. I know it is fake but it got me thinking, WHY NOT? :whistling:

Had to go to the store this morning and saw this on the way home. I was behind it until it pulled over into that turning lane. The winder actually turned while the car was moving. :) May have just been the wind turning it because it seemed to be totally random. I know it is fake but it got me thinking, WHY NOT? :whistling:

Actually the idea is doable. It requires a large heavy flywheel and main spring. I designed one many years ago using the wheel off a train engine as the flywheel. Through the use of overrunning clutches, energy was easily recovered on down hill runs and when breaking. The primary problem I encountered was the weight required to contain the mainspring and wound up flywheel in the event of an accident.

Mike

I remember seeing those keys on bugs in the '60's and '70's. What's that they say? "Everything old is new again."? Sure seems like it. Hey ... I wonder if someone will come out with fake '40 Ford and '60's Rolls Royce front ends for them. Now that would be cool!

Andy

Mary has been after me to buy one of those keys for her Mercedes. I don't think so! I wouldn't ever drive it again or be seen riding in it. Maybe there's method in her madness??

And yes they do turn as you go down the road. Around $250 I think.

You probably didn't notice but Don has one of those on his back.. Eileen winds him up on Monday morning and he runs till about Friday. Usually by then he is starting to slow down and so he heads for home and gets wound up again. That's how she gets him to do anything.