IGNORED

Roto Cover Spacer for MKII - Group Buy...

zoey04... is in need of a roto cover spacer for his MKII. I was in this same problem when I bought my used roto cover and it did not come with the shorter spacer. I was lucky for my machineist friend took the measurement and made one for me.

I'm starting this group buy thread to see if there might be others who bought a used roto cover without the shorter spacer. And the roto covers are now in a box or hanging up on your garage wall and you've given up on installing them.

If you are interested in one, then please post a response that you are interested in one. This is not a commitment to buy but rather to gather a number of potential orders.

Once I get a number of interest I will then as what my friend would charge per each for a specific quantity. We'll go from there....

Edited by Golf&Venture
Added picture and more information on post # 7.

I've included a picture of mine. First of all it is only a single spacer and not a set. It goes on the front axle opposite side of the speedo unit.

Whenever my English is not good, I always use the excuse that English is not my 1st language. Roto = Rotor :-)

What looks like a single piece is actually 2 pieces. The outer metal piece is a dust cover.

If you end up ordering one you can use a rubber hammer, the right size socket that can be tapped to remove the metal dust cover.

You can see that the spacer has a slight lip near the center. That is the dust cover stop point.

• 4 months later...

I would think that the rotor covers should work between the mk1 & mk2, as they just go on the axle. Now the caliper covers won't because of the different bolt spacing, but that's not being discussed here.

I don't think I have the shorter spacer, I just wedged the rotor covers in. The brake rotors appear to be centered in the calipers, so I figured all was good.

-Andrew

Does anyone know if rotor covers from a mk1 will fit a mk2?

Thanks

I'm 99% sure they wont without a bit of modification, the calipers between the MKI and MKII are totally different, so the dimensions of the caliper cut out is different as well.

I have these rotor covers on my new to me gen 1.2. I torqued the axle bolt to 75lbs and it seems really tight. Does that mean that I need this spacer? I don't know what process the PO went through in putting on the rotor covers to begin with but he had also wired in the lights for the rotor covers but that doesn't mean they were installed properly. Please supply some info on the use and need for these shorter spacers?

I have these rotor covers on my new to me gen 1.2. I torqued the axle bolt to 75lbs and it seems really tight. Does that mean that I need this spacer? I don't know what process the PO went through in putting on the rotor covers to begin with but he had also wired in the lights for the rotor covers but that doesn't mean they were installed properly. Please supply some info on the use and need for these shorter spacers?

When I bought my rotor covers on craigs list it did not come with the shorter spacer. When I got it all on with the origional spacer, the front wheel no longer would spin freely. The front wheel would turn with some pressure. On the road maybe one may not notice when under power.

I've included the installation instructions that a member gave me when I 1st encountered the issue.