IGNORED

Got the roadglide back together now who

Eddie

who was it that wanted to show me how bad a V4 could whoop an HD . I will be ready for that challenge very soon . I have two more 20 minute AT runs to do with my Power Vision and a couple more reflashes to my ECM and Im ready to show you what a simple Vtwin can do. I had a hard time not getting crazy with it last night I can feel that the front end just wants to leave the ground. 500 mile break under 2500 rpms is a hard thing to do. Should be around 110 hp and 125 tq. Worth the two weeks of work for sure.

My rule of thumb- just fer talkin' sake. Ya need to drop at least 10 grand into a Hardly before it could keep up with a 1000cc japanese machine.

:icon_lurker:

I dont think so ! check out video on youtube. Harley smokes street bike (Hildo).Just saying. If you find this video please post for me thanks.

Edited by Acadieman
add on

Guest Swifty
who was it that wanted to show me how bad a V4 could whoop an HD.

If ya already forgot the answer to that question you'll probably have some excuse about forgetting which way to twist the throttle. So what's it going to be:

...rolling start?

...off the line?

...first bike to 100mph?

...pinks all out?

Let's start to draw up the rules, decide on necessary handicaps, location.

If we do pinks, I say we sell tickets, make up some odds, half the proceeds to charity, half to the guy that has to hand over his pink.

How about Maintenance Day, Ohio?

You guys need to remember especially the ones that have never owned a Vtwin ( which is most of you). That its not the 70's or 80's anymore. Just because your hippy buddy had a kick start 1970 pan head that wouldn't run half the time doesn't have anything to do with todays HD.

who was it that wanted to show me how bad a V4 could whoop an HD . I will be ready for that challenge very soon . I have two more 20 minute AT runs to do with my Power Vision and a couple more reflashes to my ECM and Im ready to show you what a simple Vtwin can do. I had a hard time not getting crazy with it last night I can feel that the front end just wants to leave the ground. 500 mile break under 2500 rpms is a hard thing to do. Should be around 110 hp and 125 tq. Worth the two weeks of work for sure.

What all did you do to it Eddie ? Did you use Harley parts or aftermarket?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6AfqPIB9g&feature=player_detailpage]Harley Roadglide wheelie - YouTube[/ame]

heres a little wheelie with no effort

Edited by Eddie

What all did you do to it Eddie ? Did you use Harley parts or aftermarket?[/quote

I used a 107 big bore kit with tw woods 777 cams ported and polished heads and throttle body. adjustable push rods and roller lifters. Also using a Power Vision for fuel management. Jamie over at Fuel Moto is a 100% stand up guy and helped with every question I had along the way. Spent all the money with them at FM. Except for the stereo equipment all came from J&M which was more expensive than the motor build . LOL

Pinks Dave ? Well lets see I sold my 86 Brown bike in 2004 for I think about 3000.00 . So that would make that bike worth about 300.00 now. So bring 29,700.00 in cash along with that pink slip. American green money too not that funny looking paper you guys call money over there.

What all did you do to it Eddie ? Did you use Harley parts or aftermarket?[/quote

I used a 107 big bore kit with tw woods 777 cams ported and polished heads and throttle body. adjustable push rods and roller lifters. Also using a Power Vision for fuel management. Jamie over at Fuel Moto is a 100% stand up guy and helped with every question I had along the way. Spent all the money with them at FM. Except for the stereo equipment all came from J&M which was more expensive than the motor build . LOL

Thanks Eddie...Christo over in Indiana had Fuel Moto do alot of work to his bike also and speaks highly of them and their work. If I remember right, he had a small problem and they came to his place to fix it.

Thanks Eddie...Christo over in Indiana had Fuel Moto do alot of work to his bike also and speaks highly of them and their work. If I remember right, he had a small problem and they came to his place to fix it.

There's a lot of stories like that about them that's what made my mind up. Your next Buckshot get the stuff and come on over I got two of these builds under my belt now. I also bought all the special tools if you ever need them.

Edited by Eddie

Guest tx2sturgis

In shorter runs, and roll-ons below say, 80 mph, your bike will do very well, assuming you can keep the rear tire hooked up. And I have seen fried clutches and shreded drive belts in races like this. Also, speed-shifting a torque monster is VERY hard on the transmission and primary chain.

And once the speeds get past 100mph or so, the bigger streetable V-twins are at a disadvantage. (full power at high RPM is an issue for big normally-aspirated v-twins)

Depending on your RPM limiter, and your gearing, you might see that other guy's V-4 catch up to you as that big engine loses its advantage above 100-120 mph.

I'm sure it would be a fun race to watch, but pick your length of run carefully.

Just sayin.

:whistling:

Edited by tx2sturgis

It wasn't me but I'm interested.

Lot of us can't wait to see it Eddie cause once it takes off we will have to turn around and look behind us to see it........:whistling: I'm really glad you are having so much fun putting that thing togather. My last Hardley was the 56 Pan and I haven't kept up with preformance improvments they have made. That Pan sure was purty.....I still stop and look and the newer Dressers are something. If I won PowerBall I would get one to sit out front where everybody could see it!!! And keep my Yamaha out Back!!:whistling: I do hope that thing is ALMOST all you want out of it. Except for that part about "Brown Sugar":rotfl:

who was it that wanted to show me how bad a V4 could whoop an HD .

Now that is a familiar picture of a HD - All in pieces :rotf:

Just kidding Eddie. Sure hope that the bike turns out the way you wanted and that you will have loads of fun with it.

Hey - and watch out for Cecdoo - His Suzuki is FAAAAAAAST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Best wishes,

Jonas / StarFan