IGNORED

Watkins Glenn camping

sleepy2

Phantom Wife,myself & brother and sister-in-laws will be trying out motorcycle camping the last week of our holidays in July(2nd week). They are thinking in this area as in-laws camped in the area (by car) years ago so it will be an adventure I am thinking!!! Any ideas for where to go while here? Am thinking on showing up at BongoBob's sometime along the way.Will be definitely showing them the restaurant we had our last breakfast at last year.

ANY help will be appreciated!!!!

Thanks for the camp grounds. In laws said they stayed at KOA campgrounds before. We were thinking on reservations but they would sooner wait till we get there.

Was also wondering about places to sight-see while there.

WINERY'S! hundreds of them. If you do tour them, rent a limo so you can enjoy a bit of the grape. Then there's the gorge walk at The glen state park. Several water falls. Down town Ithaca. Hammondsport, America's friendliest little town. Ride the north side of Keuka Lake to get there. Ride around Seneca lake, great scenery. Ride rt 89 from Ithaca to Seneca falls, Another great lake ride. Stop in Seneca falls, also know as Bedford Falls, as in the movie It's a wonderful life. Also the women's rights museum. Let me know the dates you will be here, If I have any time off while your here maybe we can hook up.

When I went up for the NY ride last summer I stayed at Cayuga state park,They do have sites right on the lake for boaters. And I had no problem with the bike at night finding a spot. Its nearby Seneca Falls. There are a couple of pubs right there and it was a nice spot. Also that banging dinner is just up the road and sunrise over that Montezuma wildlife park was awesome.

Forgot the Curtis Air museum Just south of Hammondsport. If you are here on a Saturday you have to visit the Windmill market It's full of all kinds of craft shops, including a leather shop. Just south of Penn Yan NY on rt 14a. Also the village of Skaneateles. Some of the richest people in the county live on Skaneateles lake. I think the Clinton's still have a place there? If you need anything in the way of tools and garage, just in case, your welcome to use mine. I have a m/c jack.

depending on far you want to travel there is Kinzua Bridge State Park, Hamlin, PA. it is about 150 miles from Watkins Glenn. nice country about 1 1/2 hrs north of where i live. also grand canyon PA in welsboro is nice.