IGNORED

The "Thanks" Button

SilvrT

My apologies as this is somewhat of a RANT.

The "Thanks" button is designed to say "Thanks for this useful post"

I've noticed that folks here click the Thanks button on posts that, for the life of me, I can't see what was so "useful" about it. Posts that are nothing more than comments for example and have no real usefulness ... somebody thanks the poster for it.

Seems to me that this is an over-use and incorrect use of the button and thus, folks wind up with a zillion "Thanks" stats in their profile. For example, I was Thanked 457 times in 314 posts.

There ain't NO WAY I posted USEFUL information that many times! :rotf:

:witch_brew:

And where is this written in the forum rules???

Now you went and made this a useful post deserving a big THANKS!!!!!

:sign killer dude:

Gary

My apologies as this is somewhat of a RANT.

I've noticed that folks here click the Thanks button on posts that, for the life of me, I can't see what was so "useful" about it. Posts that are nothing more than comments for example and have no real usefulness ... somebody thanks the poster for it.

Seems to me that this is an over-use and incorrect use of the button and thus, folks wind up with a zillion "Thanks" stats in their profile. For example, I was Thanked 457 times in 314 posts.

you DO realize that youve opened up the season on using the thanks button? :shock3:

Brian

It all depends on your definition of "useful".

If someone posts a comment that contained no technical information, but that someone else may find humorous, and that person was having a bad day and just got an emotional boost from the snide comment, then it was a useful post to that person.

Some may that a post that was a really bad comment with the intention of being totally sarcastic.

If you have that much time to be scrutinizing the numbers of thank that people have. That only means that you are not spending enough time chasing your front wheel down some twisty road. So get out there and start chasing that front wheel.....:bikersmilie:

If you have that much time to be scrutinizing the numbers of thank that people have. That only means that you are not spending enough time chasing your front wheel down some twisty road. So get out there and start chasing that front wheel.....:bikersmilie:

Wish I could but work takes up my week days and it's really slow right now so I am just "inventing" things to do .... and that one seemed a worthwhile topic for interesting feedback.

Now if it would only stop RAINING on the weekends ..... well heck, I did get out for a ride last Saturday ... first one this year! Cured the PMS temporarilly.

Well I hope the big guy chimes in here as well....... I asked once about a "Like" button and was informed it had been thought of or tried and for what ever reason Don had decided against the "like" and recommended the use of the "thanks" button to also indicate you liked the post......so .....

Yes Rick we agree that there is no way you could have posted that much useful information on this site but... and maybe just maybe.... you posted many things that other members may have "Liked" reading...... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe

:thumbsup2: :bowdown: :stickpoke:

Yes Rick we agree that there is no way you could have posted that much useful information on this site but... and maybe just maybe.... you posted many things that other members may have "Liked" reading...... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe

Well, according to the number of "Thanks" I got for the OP, you could be right ... maybe. :scratchchin: :confused24: :rotfl:

I like the idea of a LIKE button. Sometimes you don't want to make a full comment but you just appreciate what was said.

Just don't let the younger folk on here... every second or third word out of their mouth is "like" .... we'd have so many "likes" we'd begin to be dis-liked! ... Like

I've decided I am thanking every post in this thread.

JohnnyB

I'll Thanks Yours if you Thanks Mine..... I'm looking to increase my Thanks per post ratio.

What about group Thanks.....If everyone online happened to hit the Thanks button on the exact same post at the exact same time, then what??