IGNORED

Pacific Northwest Riders !!!!!

Miles

Okay, all you wet coast riders from the Great Pacific Northwest...Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nor. Cal., B.C., and anyone else that wants to be part of the Great Pacific Northwest...

I would like to host a Meet and Greet...er...Eat...sometime in the next 2 months. Either in March or April. I think "we" can find a suitable restaurant in the vicinity to meet at. This will NOT be a MD.

I also want to discuss dragging as many of you as possible out to the Freebird MD in Ohio, with me, in June. I have many tow ropes, so come along.

Also, we need to talk about the International Rally in Galena, IL. in late July.

So, this is your heads-up, put your thinking caps on, and let's get together to meet, to eat, to greet, and plan our rides to those flat states east of us.

:backinmyday:

Edited by Miles

Whew...I am glad that only 49 people have seen this post so far, because...I was under the impression that at least 1 out of every 50 people on this forum is from the Pacific Northwest states. Seeing as how no one from the Pacific Northwest states has responded to this thread, that means...the next person to view this thread must in fact be from the Pacific Northwest states.

Hear ye, hear ye, come one and come all, to have lunch with me...(possibly my treat)...that should sucker some of you guys into showing up...to a Meet and Eat/Greet, and...maybe we will meet at Hooters in Tacoma, right off I-5.

:whistling:

Miles i dont think :think: you have enough 1st gens :confused24: out there to pull all those 2nd gens :whistling: to MD day in OH reguardles of how mant tow ropes you have :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Paul, with fewer 1st gens out here, that means we will have fewer bikes that break down on the way East to those flat states (bazinga):rotf:

Okay, now were talking:

So, Bob (awsmsrv) in Issaquah, and...Midnightsunrider in Bonney Lake, and...Sleadhed in Maple Valley, I will send each of you a PM, and we will try to find a Saturday in late March or all of April that will work for us. Hoefully we will get MikeWA and GeorgeS and Brian (Golf & Venture) to join us too.

Jay (ragtop69gs) in Michigan...you are MORE than welcome to ride out the 2000 miles to have lunch with us if you want to. I welcome you, and will pay for your meal and drinks at Hooters, if you want to join us.

That invitation extends to anyone...if you ride...RIDE... your bike out to our little Meet/Eat/Greet, and you ride it more than 1,000 miles to get here, your meal and drinks are on me.

:cool10:

i would take you up on that but (yes there is allways a but) ill be in physical therapy 3 days a week then working the leg so i can ride again :cool10: tues., thurs., and sat. good thing about that is (she)therapist rides and said we will get you riding again no matter what:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Miles put me down for a maybe I am a new rider of the venture, havent rode it that much yet[ bad weather] I live in Portland Ore.

2000 mm Venture

Bob

Bob, I have you down as a YES...not a maybe.:)

Since you live in Portland, you and I should get together once in awhile, and have lunch. I am only 105 miles north of you.

Also....HOOTERS is OUT. The restaurant that is. Don't anyone panic...there are still hooters out there. But "we" will be meeting/eating/greeting in a different location, yet to be determined. Have no fear, the M/E/G is all about the riders, the food, and a good time, and not about the attire of the waitstaff.

As a suggestion for a date...I am "thinking" about April 13th, 2013. I was going to suggest April 20th, BUT...given that is 4/20, and Washington State has now passed the state law to allow people to smoke weed in public, it might be best if we avoid the date of 4/20, because there will most likely be some...so-called people...that want to make a statement that date, and have a smoke-in, just to stink the place up.

Ideas...comments...on dates and locations...(from those that think they may attend) (not from those on the least coast, that have no idea of where the Great Pacific Northwest is)

:rotf:

Well If I attend, I would have to drive my cager, for my left arm thru the shoulder is not strong enough to balance the top heaviness of my MKII. Besides I still need to clean out the fuel system for I've not had time to look into it.

I'm going in for my 3rd surgery for my wrist this Wednesday so maybe later in March would be better for me. The Surgery is not really all that serious. In Dec, 2 of my 3 pins began to work their way out and so the 2 were removed. The range of motion in my wrist and thumb seems to run into some resistance and the Dr. thinks it could be the other 3 pins. So the decision to remove the other 3. The incision would be pretty small, but I will still be put under.

The other issue is that I may have to go onto the Boeing SPEEA Tech Strike Picket Line in March thru April. That is if the Union decides to Strike. Being that this would be my 1st strike experience on the picket line, I do not know what to expect.

But if I was to pick a weekend...wait my wife is flying out to Vacaville Calif the 29th of March for her spring break vacation seeing or grand children.

So my best chances would be either March 30th or 31st or even April 6th for she returns on the 7th.

As for suggestions of places to meet and eat, I'm kind of tunnel vision. I seem to be in a rut. It is either Red Robin or Olive Garden or my favorite Chinese the "Tea Leaf", but I have sea food diet, I eat just about everything I see. You know us Asian we have an iron stomach, so I’m very open to explore outside of my rut zone.

Now if the group is interested in Chinese food for say dinner, I have a place that I’ve been going for 38 years. I no longer go to the traditional Chinese restaurant for I have to drown it with soy souse. I go about once a month and I’ve ordered the same dishes for decades. I have introduce some of my “White & Black & Latino & Native Americian & all the rest” friends to the restaurant and if their digestive system is not bland, they usually also become life time customers. It is not HOT but can be ordered that way, but it is the unique spices that are used. It is Chinese with Korean cooks. It is a hole in the wall, like all great restaurants are, and it is about ½ ways between Bellevue and Olympia. It is in Tacoma less than a block east of the Pacific Lutheran University’s Library, plenty of parking. They have a small group room that holds maybe 25 seats so the group can get a little rowdy if you can’t control yourselves. They do serve beer.

Edited by Golf&Venture
Spelling - English is my 2nd language...

Well If I attend, I would have to drive my cager, for my left arm thru the shoulder is not strong enough to balance the top heaviness of my MKII. Besides I still need to clean out the fuel system for I've not had time to look into it.

But if I was to pick a weekend...wait my wife is flying out to Vacaville Calif the 29th of March for her spring break vacation seeing or grand children.

So my best chances would be either March 30th or 31st or even April 6th for she returns on the 7th.

Now if the group is interested in Chinese food for say dinner, I have a place that I’ve been going for 38 years. I’ve no longer go to the traditional Chinese restaurant for I have to drown it with soy souse. I go about once amount and I’ve ordered the same dishes for decades. I have introduce some of my “White” friends to the restaurant and if their digestive system is not bland, they usually also become life time customers. It is not HOT but can be ordered that way, but it is the unique spices that are used. It is Chinese with Korean cooks. It is a hole in the wall, like all great restaurants are, and it is about ½ ways between Bellevue and Olympia. It is in Tacoma less than a block east of the Pacific Lutheran University’s Library, plenty of parking. They have a small group room that holds maybe 25 seats so the group can get a little rowdy if you can’t control yourselves. They do serve beer.

Brian, YOU are more than welcome to drive your car to the M/E/G.

And...We can move it to March 30th, to suit the...(wife is out of town) guys.

And...Unless someone objects, this so-called Chinese restaurant sounds good.

I was thinking of the RAM restaurant, in Lacey, just off I-5, right next door to the HD dealershiup, off of exit # 111, just in case an HD rider shows up and needs parts to be able to get home.

But...send me the info on your restaurant, and I will go there and check it out.

Kewl, man ! :backinmyday:

Tea Leaf Restaurant

528 Garfield St S, Tacoma, WA 98444

Cross Streets: Between C St S and Park Ave S

(253) 531-5232

For Harley Riders the parts store is a bit of a hike. Like 12.49 miles, But by now you probably pull a trailer full of parts.

Dinner Menu are all family sharing style.

Oh I just Skyped with daughter/family/grand kids and visiting wife in Vacaville CA. They maybe all coming up here around the end of March. So just pick a weekend that is best for the group.

You guys have a great time. It's a 700+ mile trip for me, and I'd be looking at a 5 day turn around. I'm no iron butter or wet weather rider... :) Around here it's still raining off and on into May. :rain2:

Condor, you are more than welcome to ride north. And...a 700 mile ride is not an iron butt ride. That is what we ironbutt riders do before breakfast. :stirthepot:

BTW, the phrase is not...iron butter. It would be...IronButt'r. Putting the "e" in there makes it sound like we have very iron rear ends, yet...I can't beleive it's not butter.

:rotf:

Realistically, it would be a full day ride up here, have a meal with us, and a full day ride back down south.

Or...between now and then, I can lead you on some Saddlesore 1000's and a few BunBurner 1500's, and by the time our little shindig happens, you would be able to ride up here in the morning, break bread with us, and ride back home in the evening. :080402gudl_prv:

Oh I just Skyped with daughter/family/grand kids and visiting wife in Vacaville CA. They maybe all coming up here around the end of March. So just pick a weekend that is best for the group.

Brian, are you now saying that the March 30th date would not be good for you ????:confused24:

Condor, you are more than welcome to ride north. And...a 700 mile ride is not an iron butt ride. That is what we ironbutt riders do before breakfast. :stirthepot:

BTW, the phrase is not...iron butter. It would be...IronButt'r. Putting the "e" in there makes it sound like we have very iron rear ends, yet...I can't beleive it's not butter.

Realistically, it would be a full day ride up here, have a meal with us, and a full day ride back down south.

Or...between now and then, I can lead you on some Saddlesore 1000's and a few BunBurner 1500's, and by the time our little shindig happens, you would be able to ride up here in the morning, break bread with us, and ride back home in the evening. :080402gudl_prv:

Not for me Miles.... Okay, you can call it a mini-butt'r.... Maybe leather cheeks?? I know..I know... that was a callous remark.. :rotf::whistling:

I'm good for about 450-500 per day max, I don't care what those Masochists think.. :)

Talk about a late breakfast.... :sign20:

Hey if I lived in Tacoma I'd be there.... :big-grin-emoticon:

Ideas...comments...on dates and locations...(from those that think they may attend) (not from those on the least coast, that have no idea of where the Great Pacific Northwest is)

So the PNW, is that near Maine or Rhode Island? :stickpoke:

Hope to sea all you coasters here in the flat state of IL for the Int. Rally.

-Andrew