IGNORED

Passing light install complete

wannarsv

Just got finished a little while ago installing my new light bar & passing lights on our RSV. It wasn't to bad.

I get all cobbed up when it comes to wiring. I don't post much but I do alot of reading. I want to say again what a great bunch of folks there is here & I appreciate all the info that is available. I don't believe I could have done it with out the help I have found here. Thanks All!! YEA YA'LL,:cool10: YEA ME. :cool10:I can't wait till my bride gets home and I can show her the new lights on "her" bike.

Thanks again everyone, Mel

Just got finished a little while ago installing my new light bar & passing lights on our RSV. It wasn't to bad.

I get all cobbed up when it comes to wiring. I don't post much but I do alot of reading. I want to say again what a great bunch of folks there is here & I appreciate all the info that is available. I don't believe I could have done it with out the help I have found here. Thanks All!! YEA YA'LL,:cool10: YEA ME. :cool10:I can't wait till my bride gets home and I can show her the new lights on "her" bike.

Thanks again everyone, Mel

then you know the drill if no pics it did not happen:whistling::confused24: :rotf::rotf::rotf:post some pics :stirthepot:

Did you install it with a realy and seperate power? Or just wire it in thru the factory stuff? Save the pic on you PC. Then when your posting under where your writing goes and the smillies youll see "manage attachments" Top s3ection of that it says browse. Look on your computer where you saved it, click on it then at bottom of the attachment section hit save or whatever it says and you files should show up.

i might get to my pass'n lites when i git's back from hattiesdburg in a week or so, got crash bar braces on, wolo horn installed,lite bar under top trunk ,stop flash gizzmo installed , work goes slow when only one hand is 100%, other one is com'n along slowly, but it's get'n there. probably back to 40 or 50%. my bikes same color will post pics when i git'z done!:thumbsup2:

Wannarsv-see that was'nt so hard was it? LOL I had the standard bulbs like yours. Found pair of alure halogens on e-bay I picked up for less than what one LED would have been. but it got some moisture in it after a long ride in rain. Next day the lens has a crack from top to bottom about 1 inch over from side. It still works as the halogen bulbs are inside the alure lenses. Somewhere on here I think in 2nd gen posts a fellow found some brighter sealed beam units that didnt brake the bank. You have to watch how bright of a light you put in them as the electrical system wont handle more then 35w from what I have been told. It will tax the alternator. Nice job there looks good.

dueyk-sometimes projects like working on you bike may be some of the best therapy for your hand. My son is a occupationaly theropy person and he tells his paitenents to work it as much as they can stand.

Thanks, Hopefully my wife's valentine's present (stebel horn & bracket/wiring) will be here this afternoon & I can install it and make her happy & she will take me out to dinner. :cool10: Of course now that djh3 has explained to me how to post pictures, I will post some of the install, & the luggage rack too.

Thanks, Mel

Wannarsv-see that was'nt so hard was it? LOL I had the standard bulbs like yours. Found pair of alure halogens on e-bay I picked up for less than what one LED would have been. but it got some moisture in it after a long ride in rain. Next day the lens has a crack from top to bottom about 1 inch over from side. It still works as the halogen bulbs are inside the alure lenses. Somewhere on here I think in 2nd gen posts a fellow found some brighter sealed beam units that didnt brake the bank. You have to watch how bright of a light you put in them as the electrical system wont handle more then 35w from what I have been told. It will tax the alternator. Nice job there looks good.

I do not believe you, because...YOU did not post any pictures to prove it.

:rotf::cool10::rotf::cool10::rotf::cool10::rotf::cool10:

...Somewhere on here I think in 2nd gen posts a fellow found some brighter sealed beam units that didnt brake the bank. You have to watch how bright of a light you put in them as the electrical system wont handle more then 35w from what I have been told. It will tax the alternator. ....

Brightest sealed beams I've seen are what I'm running - GE H7616

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7236

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73060