IGNORED

Help with ID of antique figurines

ragtop69gs

I have a few items from my fathers estate that I'm having trouble identifying. None of these items have any type of identifying markings on them. I remember seeing these in my grandmothers home when I was a young child.

The 2 smaller figurines appear to be some type of resin cast. The double headed one is hand carved wood with a lever that raises and turns the heads as if they are kissing. I would classify it as Black folk art or Black Slavery Americana.

Any help with info or points of reference would be great.

The mechanical one looks like some done by Anri. Do a Google search for Anri mechanical figurines and you'll find a lot of examples. It looks like most were bottle corks and that one may have once been.

Here's some examples on Ebay. Scroll through the list and you will see several of the "kissing" ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Anri+Mechanical&_sacat=0&_odkw=Anri&_osacat=0&_from=R40

ill be i thought i had judst posted one . ok this typ of carving has gon one for a houndred years or more in europe french canada . by me and meany meany others.i have two books befor me on the subject one is in the ozark style. and the other covers folk characters they are a lot of fun more so if you can do them up to look like ones frends. which is good if they don,t take ofence to them.:cool10:

The mechanical one looks like some done by Anri. Do a Google search for Anri mechanical figurines and you'll find a lot of examples. It looks like most were bottle corks and that one may have once been.

Here's some examples on Ebay. Scroll through the list and you will see several of the "kissing" ones.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Anri+Mechanical&_sacat=0&_odkw=Anri&_osacat=0&_from=R40

You are correct about the kissing couple :thumbsup2: Looking at the ebay postings, this matches both in style and mechanics.

A closer look at it reveals that it was glued to the base it now sits on.

Thanks Don