IGNORED

PGR- Sandy Hook and WBC Scum

KIC

One Mission I really wish I was on !

Article:

Bikers descended on the town of Newtown yesterday and linked arms blocking the hate group protesters of Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals.

"More than 100 riders from New York and Massachusetts, organized by the anti-Westboro group Patriot Guard Riders, were also in Connecticut on Wednesday to show their support, Patch reported. The lined the streets arm in arm."

“All these guys see us and think we’re bad. We’re not. It’s solidarity, is what it is,” New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. “I just felt I had to be here.” :cool10:

Source and Photo by Newton Patch.

I can't for the life of me see how a group that would consider themselves christian's would try to impose even more emotional grief on a fellow human being. I do think they are crazy and wish some creative person would have them institutionalized for acting crazy. We have freedom of political speech, there is nothing political about a funeral it is a private and often religious moment. Society has it's limits, you can yell fire in a theater but you will probably get arrested, can't disrupt the court with political speech, I can't play loud music in the middle of the night so why can you interrupt a somber moment?

On the other side it gives me faith that my fellow man will band together to stop these nut jobs.

sorry for the vent

I am very happy that I have seen no mention of the wbc loonies on the news. Maybe if they get zero media time they will just go away. After all it is the attention they are after, and to see if they can get someone to tweak their "rights" so they can file a big lawsuit, that is how they fund themselves. GOD forbid they should go out and get an honest job.

I'm thinking this was NOT a PGR Mission....just a bunch of great folks who showed up minus their PGR gear and did what needed to be done.:cool10:

Boomer.....who sez the WBC is of NO concern to the Patriot Guard in doing what they do best: rendering RESPECT.

+1 :lightbulb:

That I'm all for, but it's wrong for the media to portray it as a PGR mission if in fact it was not an officially sanctioned PGR mission. I personally do not like them calling us (PGR) an anti "UG" group.

I'm thinking this was NOT a PGR Mission....just a bunch of great folks who showed up minus their PGR gear and did what needed to be done.:cool10:

Boomer.....who sez the WBC is of NO concern to the Patriot Guard in doing what they do best: rendering RESPECT.

*** ANNOUNCEMENTS *** http://www.patriotguard.org/images/min.gif

*** Connecticut Elementary Shootings ***

The recent, tragic shootings in Connecticut weigh heavy on us all. The Patriot Guard understands the anguish caused by such a calamity as this and our hearts go out to the family and friends of those affected by this horrific event.

We (PGR) receive hundreds of emails a day requesting the PGR to stand in honor at the planned services. However, the PGR is not a counter protest group. Our mission statement is clear and regrettably the circumstances surrounding this tragic event do not fall within our mission statement. For more details on our missions statement, please go to www.PatriotGuard.org and review the information located in the “About Us” section in the Site Navigation section.

Again, our hearts go out to all of the families of the affected families, and to the community as a whole, for this tremendous loss.

Patriot Guard Riders, Inc.

Wow, Imagine that....

Perhaps if some bikers were to meet with the WBC members and then discuss the problems in a logical and sensible fashion to resolve the issue, the problems might go away. I suggest a midnight meeting in a back alley with some discussion aids such as baseball bats and bicycle chains. I'm sure they could be made to see the light!

Andy