IGNORED

Psychological Persuasion

Miles

I will not claim that this is a new trick, or up an old sleeve, but I am trying a new (to me) idea of psychological persuasion on my wife. Others may have tried this before, but it is new to me.

Let me say that my wife does not restrict me from buying any motorcycle I want. My wife rides her own bikes, and I maintain them for her. My wife is a rider at heart, and she...understands...why we ride. She too can claim it is in her blood.

Also, I am able to afford this, so the dollars issue is not an...issue.

The government continues to pay me a lot of money for my brain cells, despite the fact that I have been retired since I was 47 years old. For some reason..."they" think I am intelligent, despite what I may have portrayed on this forum.:)

So, to the fun part of this...

After having seen the new Honda F6B on Saturday, at the International Bike Show, and seeing it confirmed that I want to own one...but knowing that I have a large building filled with motorcycles now, including my wife's three bikes, it would be a very small stretch for me to suggest to my wife that I "needed" another bike. We do give each other the respect to always discuss larger purchases, as we are a team, a couple, and respect one another.

So, how do I go about bending things, twisting things, contriving things so that she herself thinks this is a good idea to buy a new Honda F6B?

My solution, I downloaded all the wallboard pictures of the F6B that Honda has posted on their website, and I posted all those pictures as Desktop background on my computer that we share in the office. The pictures are shown one at a time, and only change when a person wakes up the computer, from sleep mode, and the desktop background appears.

I think there are about 7 or 8 pictures of the bike, so she gets to see the bike at different angles, on different roads, and in the two colors (colours), even though I would only buy the black one.

The first time she came into the living room after having seen what was on the desktop background, her first comment was that the bike is very nice looking. She did have a smile on her face. I then told her that the bike sits lower than a standard GL-1800, and she said that maybe she could ride one too. That was the hook !

So, for the next couple weeks, until the time that I leave to ride down to Bolivia, I will keep those new F6B pictures on the desktop background of our joint computer, for her to see everyday, in an attempt to psychologically persuade my wife...a woman with more than one Ph.D., and more initials after her name than I have.

This is going to be fun. :cool10:

Edited by Miles

The first time she came into the living room after having seen what was on the desktop background, her first comment was that the bike is very nice looking. She did have a smile on her face. I then told her that the bike sits lower than a standard GL-1800, and she said that maybe she could ride one too. That was the hook !

That sure sounded like the perfect moment to me.:confused24::confused24:

A man with your wisdom and your finances shouldnt have to persuade his wife..................:doh::doh:

I agree. It is not that I have to persuade my wife, as she is on board with me getting this bike. It was more of a "funny" thing to post the pictures of the bike on the desktop background of our computer, and get her reactions to it. If I could go out and buy the bike today, and bring it home with me, I would do that. But they are not available yet to bring home. I can...and most likely will...go to my local dealer and order one, with an expected delivery date of late February, or early March. I am going to be gone almost all of January anyway, so it won't feel as long of a wait.

But my posting of this thread this morning was meant to be more in jest, as to the funny idea of psychological persuasion for the new bike, than it was meant to be a serious attempt to beg her for another new bike.

I still think it is funny, that every time she goes in to sue the PC in the office, a new picture of that bike shows up.:)

Edited by Miles

'joint computer'???

Dang....with all that money I'd probably think about buying a computer for me own self.

But thats just me. :stirthepot:

Oh, Brian, oh Brian, oh Brian. Each of us has our own personal laptops, my wife has her work laptop, and then we have the one PC on the desktop in our office. My wife and I are very open and honest with one another, and given that we do not have any children living in our home, and no one else living in our home, we are comfortable sharing that one PC for normal computer use. When I am on the road, I take my personal laptop with me.:)

Edited by Miles

"until the time that I leave to ride down to Bolivia"

What bike are you riding and using in Bolivia?

I have a 2012 Super Tenere' that I have been riding all over heck and gone this year. Bought it in late February, and by the time I am done with this next trip to Bolivia/Chile', it will have about 42k on it in its' first year. :)

When I'm doing the Psychological Persuasion thing, I spend a lot of time talking about something ... she gets interested and starts asking questions about it ... and there's the open door for me to "go for the kill" LOL

(hope she doesn't see this...)