IGNORED

Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line ???

Black Ice

I was thinking about putting SS brake lines on my 05 RSV. For those of you that have done this, how much difference did you notice from the OEM brake lines to the SS?

Since Yamaha doesn't seem to offer them for the rear, I presume its because the rear line is so short there wouldn't be a noticable improvement. Am I thinking right on the reason for no rear SS line?

Just wonder if there is enough improvement to justify doing it.

Cheers, Gary B

I have Stainless front and rear and love it. The feel is much more firm. When you have the rubber they expand a slight amount when you press the lever and peddle. With the stainless you get no expansion and the firm feel is much more positive. Go for it you wont be sorry. You can get them from JP cycles. Russell makes them.

Yes, Rickh has them for 2nd gens. I bought a set from him for my 99. But I had a lot of trouble getting them bled. Don't think I'll do that again. Will pay someone to do it for me.

If you use a vacuum bleeder it isnt so bad. Front is much harder than the rear but not bad. Use the bleeder and also use the check bleeders that Russell sells.

Thanks for the replies folks. Surprised a liitle, that not many people seem to have done this change or at least not much indication if the change was noticable.

Thanks rsstar for letting me know Rick H has them. I should contact him and find out cost etc.

Cheers, Gary B