IGNORED

Just looking at old posts

Venturous Randy

As I was sitting here doing my usual checking on the latest posts and trying to avoid all the stuff on television, I started going back to the oldest posts we have, which are dated to mid 2007. It is amazing to read some of these posts and to think how much some of our lives have changed in the last five years. It is also surprising in how many names I recognized that are now expired. It is kind of sad to see this, but this is a continuously evolving group and things do change.

You should try this sometime if you have not already done it.

RandyA

i have read some of them and wounder what some of those people are like and if they still ride and would ever come back i do hope to be here a long time and do enjoy reading the post talking to others on here and of all things learning a lot about my bike and meeting all of the friendly people on here there are too many ands and i could keep going but for all of you who have stayed and helped us that dont know thank you very much :bighug::bighug:

I have touched on this subject a few times on another forum several years ago , but how hard would it be to have someone put in charge of "lost members"

Just too see if anyone has stepped away for a reason that could be cured?

Sure, there are some folks that have just lost interest, and thats going to happen.

However this is a family, and if you get mad and walk away, wouldn't you like to have a family member come and ask you if they could fix the problem and bring you back to the table?

Just got me wondering?:detective:

Mike:bighug:

Thats what happens when we get older Randy, we go back in time and see what we missed or forgot..................I do the same thing........Its got to be the age!!!!!

As I was sitting here doing my usual checking on the latest posts and trying to avoid all the stuff on television, I started going back to the oldest posts we have, which are dated to mid 2007. It is amazing to read some of these posts and to think how much some of our lives have changed in the last five years. It is also surprising in how many names I recognized that are now expired. It is kind of sad to see this, but this is a continuously evolving group and things do change.

You should try this sometime if you have not already done it.

RandyA

Yes, and keep in mind these are post great crash threads! Wonder how many other members we lost from that!

You are right, it is a definate trip reading some of those blasts from the past...

Post Great crash threads?

EUSA1,

Thinking whenever someone actually leaves for any amount of time they aren't likely to come back.

Perhaps a exit poll (seen only by Don and the moderators) could be emailed to those that let their subscriptions slide? If it was something that could be addressed, it would, if not, a reply would not be necessary. It could also identify recurring themes/problem areas...:whistling:

Edited by CaptainJoe

Yes, posts and threads made AFTER (Post) the great crash that wiped out the entire site for several days and everything was lost! Many of us scrambled to stay in contact with each other and reunite some way until the website finally reappeared. Everybody had to reregister as all member information was lost. God only knows how many members never found the site again. To my knowledge our current membership count is also post crash info.

Anybody remember the post count info that was briefly displayed on our posts?? Sure brought out the post hoare in several of us...