IGNORED

Bucket List

SilvrT

I was just watching an interesting show on TV. They were talking about a "Bucket List". That is... what's on your list of things you'd really like to do before you "kick the bucket".

Thought it would make for an interesting read here...to see what other's lists are. Here's some of mine that quickly come to mind...

Spend at least a year touring Canada & the USA on a motorcycle, with a nice tent trailer in tow and my honey on the back seat.

Take a ride in a jet fighter and maybe even get to fly it some.

Drive an indy race car.

Skydive

Have a nicely equipped shop and build a custom car or a hot rod

Move to the country and live in a log house on the edge of a nice lake with my own dock and a nice boat.

(guess I'd better start buying more lotto tickets for some of these!)

I've done way more in my life so far than I ever thought I would, but there's stil a few things left, so here's mine:

Share my love of motorcycling with my grandchildren (working on this one already)

Hotlap a 410 race-legal World of Outlaws Sprint Car

Finish putting the yellow highlights on my map for roads ridden in Wisconsin

Curt

Guest BluesLover

Hey Rick- we started a similar thread in the local SCRC chapter (we limited it to 3 entries, so here's mine:

1. Spend a Canadian winter in Australia and New Zealand *
  2. Ride my RoadSofa in Europe (with my sweetie on the back) *
  3. Play with my (yet to be born) grandchildren * (not that I'm telling the kids to hurry!)

Cheers,

I just saw the movie "Bucket List" and it was a kick. They started out with the sky diving thing and traveled all over the world, only because one of the two guys was filthy rich. About the only thing I haven't done that I want to do is take a curise on the biggest ship I can find (that would be Freedom of the Seas) 160,000 tons, one of their one or two week curise's just to see how much will power I have. I don't know about anybody else, but when they serve several meals 24/7, you could probably eat your way right into the Drs. office on board, lol. SO; to do that, I'd have to do what everybody else would try to do, and that's hit the lotto, haha! :rotf:

I just saw the movie "Bucket List" and it was a kick. They started out with the sky diving thing and traveled all over the world, only because one of the two guys was filthy rich. About the only thing I haven't done that I want to do is take a curise on the biggest ship I can find (that would be Freedom of the Seas) 160,000 tons, one of their one or two week curise's just to see how much will power I have. I don't know about anybody else, but when they serve several meals 24/7, you could probably eat your way right into the Drs. office on board, lol. SO; to do that, I'd have to do what everybody else would try to do, and that's hit the lotto, haha! :rotf:

yes, they were talking about that movie on this TV show... was it a good movie?... should be with those 2 actors!

Thought about this after I saw the commercials for the movie.

I've done so many adventurous things, and am still doing more as the opportunity arises. There are still lot of things I would like to do, but none enough to even start a bucket list.

Bucket List?

1. I want the speaker at my funeral first words to be "we are here today to celebrate Curtis' 100 years of life."

2.Want to make it to the states I haven't visited yet. I don't like many.

3.Want to ride around the top of the Great Lakes and see Niagra Falls.

4.Want to design and build my own trike and have the money to buy exactly what I want to install on it.

5.Get my pilots liscence and own my own plane

That's about all I can think of now.

I like this thread!

3 things I want to do;

1: Public speaking about and organ donor recruitment.

2: Work in a program to keep kids in school and improve thier reading skills

3: Take a long bike trip around the US may be 2-3 months

before:backinmyday:

This is something I have thought about for a while.

1) Walk on the Great Wall

2) See the Great Pyramids

3) Ride from the Artic Circle to the Equator (and possibly the Antartic Circle).

Ideally, (1) and (2) with the whole family. I am pretty sure (3) would be by myself - not neccessarily by my choice.

RR

I pulled it up on the local schedule this weekend to go see it and the reviews posted were not very good. Stated it was contrite and a few other bad things. I have not heard much about it after it came out either.

RandyA

My wife & I saw it last week & we think it's a pretty good movie. We are Morgan Freeman fans, as well. Go see it.

It's a great movie! I laughed till I cryed and then at the end, cryed somemore. Well worth going to. Maybe the 20 something crowd wouldn't get a lot out of it, but I would think that the over 45 crowd would for sure.

Bucket List

1. Win a lottery to pay off the bills so I can do everything already on my

"UNREALISTIC" bucket list! ... lol ...

2. Be able to convince all the 1st Gen owners to Get a 2nd gen Scoot...:whistling: .......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:stirthepot:

I've been lucky to have seen many things and places around the Globe. I thank the Marine Corps and the US State Dept for the great chance to serve my great country from abroad. I couldn't trade the expirance or the Marines and people I have met. Iv'e seen 33 different countries and I'm blessed to be in the best country on the planet!

That's why it's time to explore the USA before I kick the bucket.

only four words my brothers: "HEAD WEST MY SON"

After i ride to the big west I can say my mission is complete!

OK here's my selfish 3...

Fly a V-22 Osprey

Travel Australia on 2 wheels

Visit an underwater research center

Of course if I only had a few months to live, as is the premise of the movie, I would much rather do as much for others as I possibly could than do things for myself.

Ok....

1. Ride a fully equiped KLR 650 around the world with a support team following..( ala-movie- "long way round").

2.To live long enough for all the baby boomers to die off so I could afford a depreciating 69-70 boss 429 mustang

3.All I need is the 2 wishes.......Although having enough money to buy Yamaha and resume building the 1st Gen Venture with all new elctronic goodies would be fun too...:stirthepot:

there are a lot of things most of us would love to do before we kick the bucket, most are kind of trivial. the one thing that I would most love to be able to do is to rekindle the fire, heat and love that me and my wife felt when we were going together and were first married. The love is still there, but wouldn't it be great to feel that fire one more time. If I could do that everything else would seem kind of unimportant and trivial.

Love always and hot heat for my wife.

• 2 years later...

We were talking Bucket Lists over the w/e so I thought I would do a search on here and sure enough, found this post. I don't have 10, But I'll add a few of mine....

1. I would like to taste REAL moonshine.

2. Travel ALL 50 states on a motorcycle, (we are close to 40 States now).

3. Live out in the Country - (Away from Nebraska!!)

4. Skydive (trying for this one this July).

5. Cruise to Alaska

craigr

We were talking Bucket Lists over the w/e so I thought I would do a search on here and sure enough, found this post. I don't have 10, But I'll add a few of mine....

Wow... been a while since this thread has been active. Yep, somewhere on this site I guess there's a thread for every topic a person could imagine LOL