IGNORED

Probably a dumb question, but ......

Nemo

How do I remove the chrome ring around the headlight? The bike (RS Venture) has the chrome visors on all the lights and I bumped the visor on the headlight and it came off. I need to get the chrome ring off to put the visor back on. I removed the bolt at the bottom, but something is still holding on. I need your help. Thank you! Owen.

it would only be stupid if you did not ask and broke it more trying to get it off and i know we all have been there :confused24: ask questions then break it more is my motto :whistling: :rotf::rotf::rotf: if at first you dont succeed try try again :rotf: on a serious note its realy only stupid if you dont ask the long way is to split the fairing i dont know the short way :confused24: sorry

How do I remove the chrome ring around the headlight? The bike (RS Venture) has the chrome visors on all the lights and I bumped the visor on the headlight and it came off. I need to get the chrome ring off to put the visor back on. I removed the bolt at the bottom, but something is still holding on. I need your help. Thank you! Owen.

If your referring to the stainless steel trim around the glass part of the headlight, there are just tabs holding it to the glass, no screws. You will have to carefully remove it so as to be able to re-install it. Just had one apart to change the whole assembly to a different style headlamp.

Nemo,

There is no such thing as a dumb question ....unless I ask it...:whistling:

You have a valid question.

To remove the chrome ring you must split the fairing.

Click here to see how to do this: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=494

Once you get the forward (Front) fairing off, you can set it on a table, as in below photo, and then be able to see the tabs that hold it on from the inside..

Note: Below picture may show other parts on the table that are not applicable in your case..

WHOA.

There are two chrome rings. The large outer one with the screw on the bottom is part of the fairing. It does not come off by itself. So don't try to remove it. The screw is part of what holds the outer fairing in place. The second is a retaining ring on the light assembly itself under the fairing.

To put your visor back on first remove the outer fairing. Then loosen the screws that hold the stainless steel retaining ring to the light assembly. Once loosened you should be able to tuck the visor under. Failing that, remove and reinstall the retaining ring with the visor tucked under.

Mike

Thanks everyone! What would I do without you? Man, I can see that I'm in for a lot of work, but I guess it'll be worth it because, since I'm used to seeing the visor in place, it looks naked now without it. Sounds like a cold weather project for me.