IGNORED

$2.2 million!

Brenda H

This happened right here in our backyard. The ONLY medea that reported it locally was the Virginia Pilot a news paper. None of the TV stations reported ANYTHING.

When, and if this goes to trial you'll need a stick to beat the news crews away.

At this point I'm sure the dealer and the local enforcement involved are doing their best to keep this out of the news. It makes them all look bad in the pubic eye.

Mike

Hahaha. The last time I was at a dealership and got a 'good deal' I was so surprised and worried that I called in the sales manager and demanded they charge me a more appropriate (higher) price for the car. I mean who ever heard of walking out of a car dealership feeling like you got a 'good deal'. Of course the guy knew. I mean automobile pricing is so transparent every body knows exactly what each vehicle costs. Dealer discounts, incentives and volume buys are always so clearly stated how could he not know. You wouldn't think the "dealer invoice" could be wrong and besides every one knows the dealers always sell below invoice. Yep they loose money on every single sale.

The contract was filled out and signed. Then reviewed by a closer or manager and signed again. Cash was paid, the sale was done. The dealership had every advantage in this negotiation and used it. Do you think if the purchaser came back the next day and said you charged me more than the car was worth the dealership would have refunded some of his money back? Do you? Well do ya?

Sometimes a lawsuit needs to punish the offender sufficiently so they won't try it again. As far as value for defamed character, embarrassment, inconvenience etc. That's what judges and juries are for. They will not award more than they think it is worth.

Mike

I totally agree with you Mike. I read each reply hoping to see if someone would mention if the reverse occurred that the dealer would happly refund. How many vehicle sales you think occurers everyday where the public payes more than the car is worth.

My question is how is the PD and DA held accountable for wrong doing?

If the dealership made the statement which we really don't know what was said, but presented in a manner as he stole the car without fully paying for it, they have no other choice but to bring him in or they could face charges as well, the way I see it it all falls on the shoulders of the dealership..

I disagree (assuming the facts are as portrayed). Before issuing a warrant the DA should have reasonable proof as wel as gotten all the facts first.. I am also sure that at the time of his arrest he would have told the PD he paid in full for the vehical and should have been given ample oppurtunity to produce his reciept. If having produced a valid reciept, the PD should have acknowledged and therefore called it in having the warrant nullified. All too often people are arrested on false accusations and maney of them have had their lives ruined because of it.

I am not a big fan of lawsuits but in this case I feel if the facts are as portrayed the dealership should have to pay as well as arrested for giving false information.

Edited by saddlebum

Guest scarylarry

One way of looking at it, another one would be and most likely they took the dealers word at everything, after all they never lied and cars get stolen everyday off a lot...

Try to collect for the PD off this one and it won't stand much of a chance, cause they will say we was doing our job and he was not hurt in anyway, and was release 4 hrs later after we learn the dealer was not forth coming with all the information

Edited by scarylarry

Just sitting here "what if-ing" this bit of information. The scenario does not seem to make much sense on either side of the coin. Buying a new car is an event of high importance in American culture. Taking delivery of a new vehicle, on the day before going on a cruse, is a little odd in my book. :starz:

When I cruse a car lot, I can tell you all the sticker prices on every vehicle that interests me. All the options and the likely value of my trade against each combination. If there is a black SUV and a blue SUV on the lot, the statics would be firmly committed to memory before beginning the "process". :backinmyday:

There are several events that give me pause for concern:

1. Cash deal for a vehicle, that you are not sure that you really want? (took it back the next day)

2. Swapping the vehicle for one that might have been considered initially? (took the black one back expecting to swap for the blue, obviously known to be there)

3. Might have known the difference in price before attempting the swap? (why did he not buy the blue one in the first place)

4. Does all this on the day before going on a cruise? (maybe a convenient absence after the transaction)

5. Why would any dealer risk the repercussions of a GTA charge and the subsequent arrest of a customer, under these circumstances? (what we know at this time)

This sort of behavior, for either party, would not be considered typical (on the up-n-up) for anyone that I know. The whole affair looks fishy to me. Is this guy in bed with someone at the dealership? The response of the dealership sales staff is the most surprising of all. Do you know of any auto sales persons that are not aware of the consequences of the "deal", sales 101? :bang head: All sales good managers know the final delivery cost, to the dealership, of any vehicle. The margin of profit to break even (keep the lights on). The relative sales commission and the cost of the interest paid to keep the vehicle on the lot each successive month. All of this information is computerized and would be available (for their viewing only) before there is a signature affixed to any documents.

There would seem, at least to me, to be more to this than some mistake or the possible deal of the century. I will wait on the final judgement of the courts for the possible confirmation of my suspicions, but you have to admit this is a strange one. :think: