IGNORED

Front tire advice

az1103

I have already lowered the front end on my RSMV and the handling is satisfactory.

But now I am coming up on time for new tires.

I have been thinking in going with either the original Dunlop replacements or Elites......

What I have doubts about is the front......Should I stick to the 150 or go with a 130??????:confused24: Looks wise, I would think it makes little difference ....but I wonder about the handling........:confused:

I have already lowered the front end on my RSMV and the handling is satisfactory.

I have been thinking in going with either the original Dunlop replacements or Elites......

What I have doubts about is the front......Should I stick to the 150 or go with a 130??????:confused24: Looks wise, I would think it makes little difference ....but I wonder about the handling........:confused:

I went with the 130 after about 65,000 miles of the 150 and the difference in slow speed turning handling is amazing. So much easier to maneuver but did make it ride a little rougher in the front end at highway speeds.

The 130 will help you out on slow speed handling. I have run one, and some will argue the point that I am about to make. I felt that on the slab at speed I got blown around more than with a 150 on the front. It wasn't terrible, but I noticed it.

Many have run the 130 and liked the results, worst case is you dont like it and your only out a few hundred dollars.

The 130 will help you out on slow speed handling. I have run one, and some will argue the point that I am about to make. I felt that on the slab at speed I got blown around more than with a 150 on the front. It wasn't terrible, but I noticed it.

Many have run the 130 and liked the results, worst case is you dont like it and your only out a few hundred dollars.

I did notice the movement also. I ran the 130 for 21,000 miles and am due for a new front tire before I head to the Leaf Lookers weekend in Wisconsin. I am going back to the 150 this time around to see if there was really as big a difference in highway ride and handling has I felt or believed there was. After That I will decide which size to run from here on out.

My 06 RSTD had the smaller tire when I bought it used at 17k miles. I did put another on at my first front change. But I had some higher speed handling issues and decided to go to the larger stock size. I prefer the stout stock tire.

But if you are going to spend time wishing you had tried the small tire,,,,,

then do so. It's not going to produce results that you will HATE.

Both my Royals are lowered, both have the stock size. Just put on a E3 on my RSV last week. Good tire.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was EITHER smaller tire OR lower the front end but not both. :confused24:

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was EITHER smaller tire OR lower the front end but not both. :confused24:

Wes,

If you do both, you will save on gas as you will be constantly going downhill. :whistling:

If it is all about lowering then, yeah, lowering the front mechanically gets 1.5" and the small tire will get another "bit". The small tire is only minor effect for lowering.

The primary reason for the small tire is handling.

I don't think doing both will "hurt".

Mike G

On my new 08 RSTD, 3 weeks ago, I pulled both the " almost still new "--- Brick Stones,----- and installed E-3's . 130 on front. I would not even consider re-installing the wider tire on front after about 2000 miles on the new tires. !!

For what its worth, thats my 2 cents worth. !!

I put on a new " Ultimate Seat " also !!! :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo