IGNORED

Love that wolo horn

Sailor

I was riding through town when a blond in a big black SUV pulled out of a side road. She turned left and I thought she would pull in behind me. Instead she came across the road directly at me, she was still looking left. She would have hit me if I hadn't leaned on the horn. Instead of stopping or going behind me she drove all the way down the block beside me on the wrong side of the road. New one on me.

Tonnage has nothing to do with it. It seems that almost anytime someone pulls onto another road or coming off an on ramp, they expect whoever is in that lane to move out of their way. A few times such an action would have put me UNDER an 18 wheeler. And it hasn't mattered as to whether or not I was on two wheels or four. It's gotten to the point that if I'm where there are multiple exits/on ramps, I'm in the inside lane unless I absolutely have to be in the outside one.

The dingbat in the SUV should thank her lucky stars there was no oncoming traffic!!

We just had a news story last night recommending you not drive in the inside lanes because that is the lane wrong-way drivers are always in. the freeways in Milwaukee have had 21 wrong way drivers so far this year. and those are just the ones that got caught, how many realized their mistake and either turned around or took the next exit off.......

I was riding through town when a blond in a big black SUV pulled out of a side road. She turned left and I thought she would pull in behind me. Instead she came across the road directly at me, she was still looking left. She would have hit me if I hadn't leaned on the horn. Instead of stopping or going behind me she drove all the way down the block beside me on the wrong side of the road. New one on me.

So - back to the horn. I was eyeballing myself from JP. How was the install? Did you mount it where the old old horn was on the lower right? Did you remove or disconnect the horn under the fairing? Anything you learned, discovered or recommend when installing one?

Glad it did the trick - too many people are just oblivious to the world around them and many of those people drive. Anything you can do to snap them out of is worth the $$$$ in my opinion.

I am looking forward to next weeks bike project. I hope it goes better than the HID conversion,,,,,,

The CFO approved the purchase of the Banshee air horn kit. In theory I will still have a friendly toot option and air horn from hell both from the stock horn button.

One of my crack pot thoughts is to mount it to the front forks either with a fork clamp or attaching it to the fork brace. Either way I think I want it between the forks. Assuming of course it clears the fairing when the front end compresses.

It will probably end up replacing one of the stock horns though.

Step 1, buy a mounting setup from Carbon One, a member on this site.

Step 2, follow his included instructions!

Or, if you are a bit of a McGuiver, physically make your own mounting bracket. Use the existing horn wires to trigger the relay, and have the relay switch on and off a direct line from the battery with thicker wire, at least 14 gauge. Make sure the ground wire is just as thick. Toot away!!!!!

I took the horn that is mounted in the left leg fairing out and put my Stebel (same design) in there. Mine wasnt chrome so I hid it there. I cant get the plastic inner fairing part back on but its just the lower piece. Definatly need to run a seperate power wire and relay set up.

What kind of issues did you have with the HID conversion. They are pretty much plug and play.

It had nothing to do with tonnage and everything to do with the fact she only looked left. She did not look where she was going or to the right. I got the install kit from Carbon one, made it simple. I drilled a hole in the front of the right hand bag and bolted it on there. It is out of the way of the passenger and looks fine.