IGNORED

2 gauge carb syncronization

I stumbled across a couple of vacum gauges I had in the drawer. If I was to use these to sync up the carbs do I do the left 2 carbs together, then the right 2 and then connect the gauges to say the front left and front right and match them up. That is what I get from the sync article I read here, if I break it down right.

It can be done that way. You will probably need to double check a couple of times. Also it might be a good idea to test both gages on a single vacuum port to make sure they read the same. You may have to fabricate a restriction to put in the vacuum lines to reduce bounce. try it and let us know how it works out.

Mike

Yea I thought the best was to hook both gauges to same cyl to make sure they both read the same. I have some restrictors in the lines but the needle still bounced to much for my liking. So I took a piece of 3/4" pvc about 10" long and a couple of end caps and some thread in barbs. Used the PVC as a buffer chamber sort of thing. Took bounce right out. One gauge reads 10lb and the other reads 9 on same cyl. So I checked each cyl with one gauge all the way across and best I could tell they all read pretty close to same. So looks like its good for now.