IGNORED

things have been bad for the last month

oldgoat

things just have not been well for the last month. back in july i got a call on july fourth to please rush to ST Paul mn. my best friend of 32 years had a bad stroke and was not going to make it. i got the call from his daughter. 9 months before he burried his oldest daughter who had a bad seizure hit her head and died. and i was there for that funeral. i now am the last man standing of a group of 7 guys who where my child hood and early adult life friends. there is a big empty in my heart. i allmost gave in and was about to do something bad. but affter some time with his family and my daughter i pulled some what out of it. there must have been an intervention? as i was to go in on july 9th for a total knee operation but it was postponed. so i was there to hold this mans hand and say good bye. he never opend his eyes but placed his hand on top of mine. 3 hours after i got there he was gone he died on the 5th of july. now im going in on the 22nd of this month for the knee operation. i found a 1999 yamaha vstar 1100cc for $2500.00 i have that money but just cant ride the bike though i might still buy it and find a place to store it? kind of a goal for me to get well and ride again. the bike is red has 24000 miles needs a little maintenance. like a new battery flush the fluids you know the usual stuff. im talking to my daughter and older sister about doing this as there concerned about my healing first. i said to totaly heal i need to enjoy life again. and right now im just in a funk.if i can work it out i just might buy the bike. just need to store it. not sure if it can fit in a 5x10 room LOL thats the smalles storage unit i can afford LOL any ways thanks everyone

sorry to hear about your friends. that bike should fit in that size storage area. it gives you a great reason to keep one foot in front of the other, doin the next right thing. just knowin you have it should motivate you to do the exercises the PT tells you to do at home, lol! keep it up oldgoat!:080402gudl_prv:

Goals and dream are good I think. It gives us something to work towards. I had back surgery a few years back. Doc said youll be down (out from work) 4-6 weeks and you can go back but have to take it easy. At 4 weeks I begain my own sort of excersise and work out. So when I did go back in 6 weeks I was 100% Well pretty close. My goal was to not miss a beat at work. Also I wanted to be out on the bike again in that time frame.

Its tough loosing friends and family, we just lost my wifes dad a couple months ago. Although we hated to see him go, we didnt want to see him suffer and he was ready. Hospice is a great deal. Them people are great and very good at what they do. They really helped us. Good luck with whatever you decide. Knock out that physical theropy and get to feeling good. Theres plenty of scoots around for sale.

OldGoat....A bad day doing anything beats a good day being dead!

I've noticed quite a few of your posts are downers. Don't get me wrong...me and a great many here are always willing to give a listening ear and help if we can.

But it sounds a lot like you might be battling depression.

I know very much how that feels.

There were times I didn't want to face the world for anything...just leave me alone and let me be. No ambition, no energy and no fun! I would be down for weeks at a time.

..but with help from a very basic drug (Citalophram) I now have very few bad days. And it's not like it's a "happy pill". It doesn't boost you up...just stops you from going down.

At least it works for me....and has next to no side affects ...a bit of an upset stomach for the first week or two...that was all!

Talk to your Doc. You'll be glad you did!

old goat im sorrry to hear about your friends. remember this our friends and loved ones that have left us are in a better place and are not suffering anymore lets remember them in all the good time we have had with them as that is how they would want us to remember them in our hearts with the good memories. also you maybe old but your young at heart heal up and get back on the scoot then when you go to see them you can brage about the good times you had on the scoot and seeing the grand and great grand kids grow up you will be with us for a long time to come my friend heal up and enjoy what life has to offer the good and the bad. our friends and loved ones will:cool10: always in our hearts and let them ride with us on our scooters