Gotta replace my front tire. Got almost 30k on it. Got 18,300 outta the rear. Would like to stay with the nenoms, but checking with Sw moto, seems they are being discontinued? If I can't stick with the venom, is the e'3 the next best thing?

The stock size is the 150/80H-16. The MT90HB-16 is a 130/90 tire. It is about 3/4" narrower and slightly taller than stock. I just put one on my 07 Venture and I like it. Feels like added power steering. Slow speed manuvering is greatly improved. Some folks on here put negative things about running a smaller tire on front and some have positve comments. It's up to you if you want stock size replacement or smaller.

The stock size is the 150/80H-16. The MT90HB-16 is a 130/90 tire. It is about 3/4" narrower and slightly taller than stock. I just put one on my 07 Venture and I like it. Feels like added power steering. Slow speed manuvering is greatly improved. Some folks on here put negative things about running a smaller tire on front and some have positve comments. It's up to you if you want stock size replacement or smaller.

I have this setup too adn the handling at slow speeds is fantastic compared to the 150. I have ridden 2700 miles on a trip and never felt an issue on the freeway that some complain about. I will never go back to the 150 width.

:2cents:

I have this setup too adn the handling at slow speeds is fantastic compared to the 150. I have ridden 2700 miles on a trip and never felt an issue on the freeway that some complain about. I will never go back to the 150 width.

I would be one of the cons against the 130, I had one on a '99 and felt I was blown around a bit more on the slab with it. Worst case is try one and see if you like it. If not get rid of it and go back to a 150. A set of leveling links gave me the feeling of a 130 in slow steering and with the 150 on the front I felt more planted....

Well been looking all day off and on. I was pretty set on going with Shinko's but have just about talked myself out of it.Now leaning towards the Michelin Comanders. Trying to find posts nad research about the 130/90 vs the 150/80 though. Looks to be about 50/50 now. The Commander II front does have a higher load rating than most though @ 805 vs 761. I have the forks lowered in triple tree, acording to the chart I found in a J&P catalog the over all diameter is the same on the 2 tires. So it is just the 3/4" width difference. :confused24: Man I dont want to be stuck with something ill hate for 14k. :think:

Thanks all, really did like my last set and was very pleased with the mileage. Ordered yesterday, they are due tomorrow, time to go pull the front tire and get ready to take to the dealer to be mounted and balanced. Time to check front pads and calipers while they're apart...... Got a 10 day trip to Disney in 40 days!!!!!!!!

I've put over 185,000 miles on two new style Ventures and the Avon Venoms make it handle like a top heavy Sport Bike instead of a dump truck and the mileage is the best I've ever enjoyed....NOTHING BUT VENOMS 4 ME! One trick to live by if you ride a lot of straight line highway is to find you a giant new blacktop parking lot about every 5k and cut you about a second gear 30 mph figure 8 for about 5 minutes and knock the sharp line edges off! I learned this at the dragon about 10 years ago with some 3/4 worn Metler 880's...I got there with sharp line edges and rode back to Ohio with round tires again! I run 42 lbs. front and rear and get 21 to 23k on front and 18-19k on rear...I change one at a time when needed.

I to have been very happy with the Avons. Got over 16k outta the rear and almost 30 pitta the front and probably coulda got 5k more! Got my new tire today, ordered wed. Looks as if it was made late 2011? Stamp was 3911? And on a side note, the dealer has a HUGH sale going on. Mounted and balanced my tire for 18 bucks and has dropped the price to r&r my front fork bearings for 350.00. I don't think I can beat that! 38 days and Disney, here we come!

Wondering if anyone lives on a white rock road. I do and the original tires made about 4k. Put Metzlers on and they seem to be a little better but not by alot. Got a little over 8k on the bike now and they look like they'll need changing within 1k. Any ideas?:fingers-crossed-emo