IGNORED

Who Has the Best Barbeque Sauce?

Yama Mama

I've tried a few "home-made" recipes but have found some really good "store-bought" ones over the past couple years so I don't even bother making my own BBQ sauce any more. That said, Sailor has a great "Rum Ribs" recipe.

As for ribs, I use only back ribs. salt, pepper, and some nice pork rub. Then I layer them with bacon, double-wrap them in foil, place them bone-side down in a shallow baking tray which has a raised wire grill. Put some water into the baking tray. Then bake 45 min @ 350 ... turn down to 225-230 and bake for 4 hrs. Remove and let stand for 1/2 hr. Remove from foil, remove the bacon, baste ribs liberally with BBQ sauce and heat over BBQ grill. Can also broil in oven.

Fall off the bone moist and yummy!!!

Every summer we have a "Rib-Off" contest attended by family and a few close friends. Don't know why but I never seem to win (I think there's a conspiracy going on LOL) ... but I did cook the ribs for one of the friends once and they won so what does that tell ya LOL

If it aint pork, it aint BBQ. We have several good places around here, my favorite is in Douglasville, Ga. Its Williamson Bros. BBQ, they have been around for quite some time, They have a great sauce. I usually pick it up by the gallon anytime I am there. There are also some small places here that are very good also. Oh, and you can have Memphis style, I like my coleslaw on the side, not on the sandwich.

If it aint pork, it ain't BBQ. We have several good places around here

I've got a good source for pork and the price is right. I just go out the back door and walk down to the river pretty much any night and "Harvest" a wild hog the size I want.

Throw a whole shoulder with your favorite rub on the pit,smoke it with mesquite wood at low temp for about 5 hours then wrap it in foil and continue to cook at same temp for another 3 to 4 hours. Pull off the pit,let it sit for a hour still wrapped up then open it and grab the bones and simply lift them out of the meat.

Man my mouth is watering just typing this.....

Ditto what Buddy said - Head Country. It is one of the best we've ever had.

Best place to eat BBQ Oklahoma Joe's

Oddly enough, the last time when we visited our daughter in Missouri, we ate at Oklahoma Joe's which was in Kansas. I am confused.

Yama Mama

Edited by Yama Mama

If it aint pork, it aint BBQ. We have several good places around here, my favorite is in Douglasville, Ga. Its Williamson Bros. BBQ, they have been around for quite some time, They have a great sauce. I usually pick it up by the gallon anytime I am there. There are also some small places here that are very good also. Oh, and you can have Memphis style, I like my coleslaw on the side, not on the sandwich.

If you have never had Texas BBQ, you need to try it. I make my brisket of beef for almost three days. Well marinated and rubbed and left to soak. Slow cook in smoker for many hours. Let sit in insulatied box for more hours and then enjoy. FANTASTIC! :clap2:

:farmer: