IGNORED

Going to LaPorte to finish Pig Roaster

Bubber

Black Owl and I (Bubber) will be traveling to LaPorte next weekend 7/28 to finish up the Pig Roaster we started last Fall. Not all that much to do but it needs to get done and ready for the guest of honor, Mr Porkasourious. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Gary when you read this this is the only warning you get that we are invading your workshop. LOL

I have got to get with Black Owl to finalize the lift off time and slash down and just the other stuff in between other than that we are all set.

If any one is interested in lending a hand or just stopping in to see to old farts working and offering your 2 cents worth about the design... have at it!

Other than that see you all in the Fall at the Pork in the Pines.

Bubber

Always room for more help. And many hands make work light. Besides that, I could sure use more eyes to keep Bubber and Gary in line. Otherwise we could end up with wings and who knows what else on the roaster. :rotfl:

SO, take a break from the heat and come up for a day of Manuel labor.

:mytruck1:

Edited by Black Owl

I would offer to help you out but I need to leave on Sunday for Bismarck, ND and need to finish up some things around the house on Saturday.

Rick F.

Have fun in Bismarch..... (yah right!)

You gonna be able to make the PIP this year????

:15_8_211[1]:

Besides that, I could sure use more eyes to keep Bubber and Gary in line.

Otherwise we could end up with wings and who knows what else on the roaster. :rotfl:

Russ needs to test it out, to make sure the "guest", doesn't have too saggy of a bed.

Roasted Owl, anyone?????????? :duck::stickpoke:

pictures don't lie........:confused24::whistling::stickpoke:

Sure can..... It's tuff to show how things really went when the "real" worker, you know.. they guy doing all the heavy stuff.... was also the only one with a camera.... Really hard to do self portraits AND do all the work at the same time.

Actually, I have been holding off telling the real tale. Waiting to see what "stories" Bubber and Grandpagak were going to throw out. :stirthepot:

Like they say, the first liar don't stand a chance.

Will get the pics posted shortly.

Then the truth can be told..... :rotfl:

pictures don't lie........:confused24::whistling::stickpoke:

All I can say is we had a great stupidvisor and a great gopher to help. :buttkick: :rotf:

Well actually WE got a lot done and came up with some fantastic modifications to what we did last Fall. :Avatars_Gee_George:

Owl has pictures of the mods and I hope he puts a little explanation with each picture to point them out. :banana::banana::banana:

Other than than I was and am completely blameless! :whistling:

No people were hurt in the execution of our modifications either. :yikes:

The good worker bee :ignore:

Bubber

Here are a few of the pics taken during the work week end.

We started out with a 200 gallon fuel oil storage tank. Built a trailer frame and mounted the tank on the frame.

Cut the tank across the center to create a lid and then welded on the hinges and a handle. Used a sledge handle for the handle.

Put staks on (Bubber was pushing for 4 foot stacks but sensible minds prevailed)

Considered ading a blower motor fow better ventilation but decided against that.

Added an extended, removable handle for ease of moving.

Built two racks. The larger rack for the pig and a narrow rack for other items such as turkey, potatoes, corn on the cob etc. The racks can be slid to position over the coals to control cooking.

Last photo is Bubber holding the Pork in the Pines sign. Had to give him something to do to make him feel impotent. :stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl:

Gary will be scaling and painting the cooker this week.

More photos showing the actual work activities will be posted later.

Edited by Black Owl

I like it, we always stand them up but i like that idea. We were going to put a 55 gal drum off to the side on ours to do smoking or indirect heat. Yours looks awesome, great work!!

Here is what it looks like painted with satin BBQ Blackpaint.

The one we built last year was splint on the tall side. It worked very well. But there was a distance of at least 2,5 feet from the bottom to the grill. With this one there is only 16 inches from the charcoal grate to the grill. This will save us quit a bit of charcoal and shorten the cooking time by at least 2 hours.

Have also included some of the manuel labor pics. Now Bubber can start selling his woof tickets. :rotfl:

Picture #7 Gary is actually asleep holding a drill don't be fooled. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

#8 is after he woke up and we started the grill he thought it was time to eat again. :fatsmiley:

Actually folks we three make a very good team, either helping or working or coming up with ideas.

We complement each other while we each took turn rotating through those three elements.

The proof is how much we accomplished in one day. :missingtooth:

Hurray for the Roaster Team! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

OK that did sound a little self serving, but who else was going to do it? LMAO :missingtooth::missingtooth:

Well that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Bubber

aka Steve

PS: I wonder where the pictures of Black Owl working could be?

Edited by Bubber
thought of another SA remark

Actually folks we three make a very good team, either helping or working or coming up with ideas.

PS: I wonder where the pictures of Black Owl working could be?

Yes, and some of us had to come up with better ideas...... and prevent someone from putting 4 foot stacks on the roaster.... and pointing out the flaws, and the safety issues and the.... well knowing Steve and Gary, you folks get the idea.....:rotfl:

Actually, if they want the real story....

I gets up at 5am ready to hit it. Gary stumbles out around 9am wondering where the coffee is. Then, about 11, Bubber finally wanders out complaining about all the noise..... There, NOW you know how the day actually went.....

But even with all those hardships to overcome, we really did get some work accomplished.....

:15_8_211[1]: