IGNORED

Friendly Suggestion

WildBill1

Lary, your stainless steel horn bracket is finished first class. The only thing is that the bracket is approximately 5/8" to short on the ground bolt leg requiring the use of a spacer. Restoring a 99 RSV for a customer and found the above today. I personally think spacers are tacky.:detective:

RIDER FIRST, HARLEY OWNER SECOND.......

Same here, Bill. I got the chromed bracket and the wire kit from Larry on my RSV. I just looked. No spacer needed on the bracket. Bracket goes from the ground post, out far enough (1 1/2") to the 90 to mount the horn.

(Saying the full top leg on mine is about 1 1/2" to the outside of the 90.)

But on my RSTD, which I did on the cheap with a Lowes fifty cent bracket, I had to make a spacer (looks like brass,, maybe a lamp part) to run the bolt to the horn.

I do think the RSV mount is a bit closer to the bike than on the RSTD but,, not much.

Mike G.

But, looking at Larry's horn from his ad, the horn itself has a different mount area than mine. (mine is a 2 year old Stebil, but just like my 5 year old one on my RSTD.)

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/data/24/100_0292.jpg

Edited by Mike G in SC

OK guys to clarify the spacer or lack of one the Stebel horns come with a black plastic spacer as seen in the pics Mike G posted. If you're putting on a Wolo horn then they don't add that plastic spacer so then you would need to put something there to take up the difference or it would indeed hit the pipes. The bolt provided with a Stebel would be too long if I extended the bracket to accommodate it without that spacer so that would need either to be cut shorter or replaced with one the appropriate size.

I will look into changing the length of the bracket on the next batch I make so that it wouldn't need any spacer at all. I still have about dozen and half on hand so will sell those 1st before converting to any new sizes.

Larry