IGNORED

Sun City Carolina Lakes

slipstreamer

Do we have anyone living in or familiar with Charlotte, NC? We have a friend (My best friend's widow) who is planning to relocate to warmer climes and is looking at a development called "Sun City Carolina Lakes" which is just across the border in SC. If anyone knows the area, what are its good points and bad points if any. I know that is a pretty broad question but, have at it anyway. Anything you know about the area will be good information since we know nothing about it. Thanks folks.

I could offer my insights and opinions, and that would or could be very close to the real thing, but I've never been to SC, where ever that is, so I'll just say nothing, other than what I've said already, which is probably too much anyhow, now hush.

My daughter lives in Ft Mill SC, which is just across the border from Charlotte. Don't know about the place you spoke of. But it's less congested than Charlotte, has great gas prices, and is lots warmer than Ohio. Not that it can;t be cold there, but from my observations about Charlotte the cold periods don't last long. I may be wrong, but I think SC doesn't have state incomr tax, but i imagine they'll get you some other way.

Does the place list what county it's in. Might be easier to find for some of us. We do have a few folks in that area of NC, plus we got plenty of folks in SC. I've never heard of it but then I'm in northeastern NC. Just check out the place really well. Some of these places advertise more up north then down here. They are looking for those people up north moving here. There's a place here that was advertising up north about waterfront property. Only if it rained a lot it was dry creek bed front property.

Margaret

My daughter lives in Ft Mill SC, which is just across the border from Charlotte. Don't know about the place you spoke of. But it's less congested than Charlotte, has great gas prices, and is lots warmer than Ohio. Not that it can;t be cold there, but from my observations about Charlotte the cold periods don't last long. I may be wrong, but I think SC doesn't have state incomr tax, but i imagine they'll get you some other way.

SC does have state income tax, tax on autos, tax on bikes, tax on just about everything, but tax on homes is very resonable. Also, living on the SC side is better than the Charlotte area. Flying out Charlotte is reasonable in cost too.

But that area does get more ice storms than Columbia.

Guest KitCarson

Taxes on everything.......just paid the tax on my 2007 Venture in Lexington County......the worst in the state.......$392.00. But South Carolina is very nice climate for the most part........has a few extremes especially in July and August.......but overall......a great place as far as climate.

Guest factory

I can see Sun City thru the trees in my back yard. Not sure if it is what you are talking about but if she says it is near Hilton Head Island ,SC then yup we will be neighbors.

Sun city is a gated retirement communty that is 55 or older. there is golf and resturants and for what i here about the people that live there they love it. if this sounds like the place shoot me a PM and i will tell you or her more

Hi folks,

Thanks for all of your inputs so far. The community that I referred to is just across the SC/NC border near Charlotte. It is some 224 miles away from MB. It is the community that is described in the link that Rooster posted above. Our friend has been concentratiing her search on NC but was referred to the Carolina Lakes community by a friend who owns a house there. I have given our friend the link to this thread and asked her to forward any questions she may have so I can post them for her. Thanks again for your inputs.

Cliff :happy34: