IGNORED

Venture got taded

D4klutz

Am a fairly new member here, and have greatly enjoyed my time. I had a 1987 venture royale that I bought a few months ago. Squidly wonderfully took time to help me put progressives in my forks, as well as adjust the breaks, clutch, and do a fluid change on both. It made the bike much more fun to ride. However, after riding it to and from work a few times, I had to admit to myself that the bike was not enjoyable to ride in Houston area traffic. I never could get comfortable riding it at rush hour speeds. I also realized that I just didn't have time to work on it like I wanted to, and that the bike was ending up being a garage queen. To make a long story short, I met a guy who wanted to trade his 2001 Honda Shadow ACE 750 for the venture. He was wanting a bigger bike for the road and has the time and space to work on it. So, I traded title for title. I am happy that I got a bike that will suite me well without going int debt. I pointed him to this site and hope he shows up.

Also, I am not leaving this site. I will be hanging around. I am available to help any and all who need it (as much as I can), and would still love to ride with y'all any chance I can. I appreciate the family here and hope I can be as much of a help as everyone has been to me. My contact info will remain current should anyone need anything.

JP

Yes, the Venture is more for the open hiway than bumper to bumper traffic! Glad you were able to experience what a superior touring bike feels like though, and that you are going to stick around! Yes this is truly a family here!

Newbie, welcome aboard!! You will find all the technical information and then some that you may need here, but what's more important, this site is a family!! There's a lot of really great people here so please do get involved!!!

I kind of felt the same way at first. When I first started riding my VR I was a bit intimidated. One big son of a motorcycle. Oh but the comfort now that I am accustomed to her.

it's always been true that it doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

I do keep having this thought of finding a Venture that has crappy bags / plastic or what not and stripping it to the bare necessities. Although I have found I REALLY like being behind a fairing and screen,,,,,,,, :confused24:

Welcome to the asylum.:whistling::rasberry::think::happy-emoticon:

The Ventures not for city driving?????

Now you tell me, and here I thought it was great in city traffic all these years. Sometimes you need the size to be better seen and the power and torque to escape the city cagers.

My Venture handles the city better than my old KZ750, that is for sure, and on the open road there is no comparison.