IGNORED

Home from vacation

Freebird

Eileen and I got home about 9:30 last night from a week on a houseboat on Lake Cumberlan in Kentucky. Could have easily enjoyed another week there doing nothing but floating around on the boat but all good things must come to an end I suppose. Had a great time though.

I had internet there through my computer tethered to my phone but it was very slow. I checked in from time to time but if any of you addressed me specifically and got no answer, please let me know.

Love that area, we used to rent a cabin near Murray and the whole fam damily would stay together. We had limited cell activity, like 3 fuzzy tv channels and it forced us to talk to each other, play cards, fish, boat and really enjoy each other.

Love that area, we used to rent a cabin near Murray and the whole fam damily would stay together. We had limited cell activity, like 3 fuzzy tv channels and it forced us to talk to each other, play cards, fish, boat and really enjoy each other.

Yea, we love it down there. This is the second year that we have rented a houseboat there. Nothing much to do except relax. I have internet with my phone tethered but it is slow and frustrating so I only get on to check email once a day.

Two nephews from Dallas met us there as well as a nephew and his wife from here in Ohio and my brother in law. Dylan had started a new job this year and couldn't get off but he really enjoyed it last year and plans to make it next year. We rented a 65' boat this year but will probably upgrade to the 93' next year if everybody goes.

I also took a small fishing boat that I bought back during the winter. Had never had it on the water and wasn't even sure that it would run but took a chance and drug it down there. The little 60 HP Johnson on it never missed a beat and the nephews and all of us enjoyed running around on it.

Here are a few pictures.

Edited by Freebird

Glad to have you back, Boss. That phone tether thing ain't a lot of fun - I been doing it all week from Utah too. Thought we'd have the internet from the hotel tonight, but they wanna charge me to use it, so I'm back on the phone tether!

Goose

Glad you had a good and quiet time boss, my neighbor says that lake is nice during the week and it's the only time he goes down there!

Glad you made it thru Cincinnati and thanks for your help.