IGNORED

Value of Your Venture

GolfVenture

Check with your insurance company how far back they will cover for full coverage. Some will only go like 10yr. A friend of mine buys some insurance "totals" and fixs them and rides them then resells them. He told me that on a wreck bike something like once repairs get to about 60 percent of wholesale they just total it out.

And here is Nadas' response to value of a 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale,based on a west coast USA location value:

I do not know what the cost of collision insurance is where you are but really is it worth the cost? If I crash it, as in my fault, I will fix it or part it depending on how bad it is. If it is covered by your insurance and they say $1125 then that is all folks... you can take the 1125 or take the remains... and you have paid for how many years on the policy.......

Excellent $3370

Very Good $2340

Good $1125

Fair $480

Poor N/A

NADA saids my 91 is worth $5050.00 in excellent shape. It only has 8500 miles and it looks nearly brand new. But I plan on dropping the collision probably around Nov to April. Infact when the agent wrote in the added collision she said that being that I'm in Washington to do exactly that.

Basically I'm only adding it because I'm takinga 3 week riding vacation.

I've been dealing with this on my 96 Dodge PU. The collision has got so high I have dropped it. I had an 89 mustang GT that got the same way. I bumped it up from $500 to 700 to 1000 deductable. Well heck it got to the point I could buy a replacment car for less than 3yr insurance almost. So my theroy with the truck is if I know I cant avoid it, get it up to ramming speed and go all in. Probably not a good idea on the bike though.

I guess it depends on what collision would cost in your area. (it is different in different locales, right?) I'm not sure what the collision itself is costing me. I have $3000 on my 86 (24,000 miles and cherry) along with liability on it and my 1980 GS 1100 E. $119 a year all in.

At that price I didn't bother to check the breakdown of the coverage. I'll keep it for this year but may just go liability when time to renew.

My agent said she could save me some money on my bikes and wanted to know the value, I asked her, value to me or the book, she replied, what they are worth to you, and thats what we insure them for.............So, I told her $3500.00 on my 83 seeing as how its just been repainted and rebuilt with a newer tranny, and $6500.00 on my 07 V Star. Havent heard back from her yet. Putting full coverage back on the 83, I had dropped it while I was working on it and now its pretty again and I dont want to loose out if something happens to it........

I'm paying a set price for my bike being worth $3,000.00 and that's what's stated on the policy.