IGNORED

CHEAP redlight tripper

I wouldn't post it IF i haven't tried it on traffic lights that i know I have never been able to trip on my bike. What did i do? I went to HOBBY LOBBY and bought a pack of magnets 30 for $6.99 about the size of your thumbnail & placed them all under the frame. I placed them on any flat surface 4 or 5 in a row from the bottom foot boards , frame, hitch all under the bike...So today i ride to town and hit the traffic lights that I have run in past after having to sit there for 3-5 minutes. Today all 3 changed with in 2 minutes...All I know is lights that didn't b4 did today....:lightbulb:

If the light is red when you pull up to it, all you have to do is kill your engine, and restart it, that generates a larger magnetic field that just your bike does, this will in turn make the light cycle............works every time for me.

I wouldn't post it IF i haven't tried it on traffic lights that i know I have never been able to trip on my bike. What did i do? I went to HOBBY LOBBY and bought a pack of magnets 30 for $6.99 about the size of your thumbnail & placed them all under the frame. I placed them on any flat surface 4 or 5 in a row from the bottom foot boards , frame, hitch all under the bike...So today i ride to town and hit the traffic lights that I have run in past after having to sit there for 3-5 minutes. Today all 3 changed with in 2 minutes...All I know is lights that didn't b4 did today....:lightbulb:

If the light is red when you pull up to it, all you have to do is kill your engine, and restart it, that generates a larger magnetic field that just your bike does, this will in turn make the light cycle............works every time for me.

This might make guys with hot start problems fix it a little quicker.....:rotfl::rotfl:

I've tried the stop-start solution and it didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try the little magnets.

FYI, there is a bill coming up for a vote in the Georgia House soon (I think it's HR616) that will allow for a red light that does not cycle after 2 minutes to be treated as a stop sign so you can legally pass through it. It comes with a mandatory fine of $1,000 if you are caught running it before a full 2 minutes has elapsed. Yikes! But I still hope it passes just in case the magnets don't work!

:cool10:

I got a big rare earth magnet to put on the bottom of my bike.

There is a light that I hit almost every day that I tried all of the tricks on, ride on the wire, side stand on the wire, stop and start the engine (got me to fix my hot start issues), combinations of all of the above, nothing worked. With the big magnet it now trips every time.

As a bonus I have found screws, nails and other ferric road debris stuck to the magnet, I figure that those gems were headed for my back tire.

Even cheaper is to find an old computer hard drive from a disposed of PC or old one you have sitting in the basement or a closet from 1990's. Take screwdrivers and hammers to the hard drive and remove the Two super magnets from it. Spray Paint them to keep them from rusting and stick to the frame.

$20.00 minutes of work and a little black paint.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pulling-apart-a-desktop-hard-drive-to-get-rare-ear/

P.S.: Watch your fingers, these things are so strong they will hurt you. Think hammer on a finger kind of hurt.

I ware my steel toed boots that also have a steel shank in them. When I stop at a light I put my foot down on the diamond / square in the road that the sensor are in and I don't wait long and the light changes. I have also tried stopping with out putting my foot / boot on the sensor and I sit there till a car comes from the other direction or I move. :confused24:

Bryan