IGNORED

Its deer time again

Flyinfool

Well folks it is time for the spring silly season with deer running all over at all times of the day.

This is the time of year where the does will be giving birth to there new fawns. Just before they give birth, they will drive last years fawns out of her territory (this is how they spread the gene pool). So you will have deer wandering around looking for a new place to live. If that young deer grew up in an area that had very little or no vehicle traffic, then mom never taught them how to cross the street. And if mom is right behind them looking to kick some tail they may be running like crazy.

So keep an extra eye out for deer, at ALL times of the day, for the next month till things calm down some. this time of year is not as bad as during the rut in fall, but it still has a significant increase of deer activity.

Well folks it is time for the spring silly season with deer running all over at all times of the day.

This is the time of year where the does will be giving birth to there new fawns. Just before they give birth, they will drive last years fawns out of her territory (this is how they spread the gene pool). So you will have deer wandering around looking for a new place to live. If that young deer grew up in an area that had very little or no vehicle traffic, then mom never taught them how to cross the street. And if mom is right behind them looking to kick some tail they may be running like crazy.

So keep an extra eye out for deer, at ALL times of the day, for the next month till things calm down some. this time of year is not as bad as during the rut in fall, but it still has a significant increase of deer activity.

Good point to make and bring "everyone" aware of. :clap2: I have known this most my life growing up in the country but never thought of others not knowing. It was just one of those things all the country kids knew. Ya know? :confused24:

Thank you, :thumbsup2:

Bryan

It is my place in life I guess.

I put out this warning every spring and fall cuz the city folk have no clue about deer.

Not that there is anyone that has deer really figured out.

Deer are almost as unpredictable as a woman.......... :stirthepot: :duck:

The deer are year-round here. Couple years ago, we had 2 hits within 15 minutes of each other, on Father's Day. The 1st one, a co-worker was coming home from work on his new bike, and a deer jumped across the road & took him right off the bike. He never saw it coming. It knocked him into the path of an oncoming car, and he was killed. The bike rolled off into the ditch, and wasn't even hurt. The 2nd one only caused the guy a broken leg, some road rash & a totalled bike.

Turkeys, turkey vultures, turtles & armadillos are a problem around here also.