IGNORED

good source for windshield.

Trader

I need a windshield for my 88 VR:mo money:

I looked up Clearview.... Acrylic, $213 plus

Precision Plastics is Lexan, $161 plus

a few on ebay for $120 or so...

Any suggestions?

I want an oversized one. 24" tall and as wide as will fit!

What are the pros and cons of the different materials? (Acrylic, Lexan, Lucite, ?????)

I wanted a shorter sheild for my RSTD and made my own . I bought a piece of clear 1/8" thick lexan ( about $45.00 ) and cut it myself , it is working great. eventually when i am sure the height is correct i will buy a clearview as regular lexan will scratch. DO NOT use acrylic it is braekable and could be dangerous.

I also have had a Slipstream on mine for a little over a year now. It seems to be holding up fine so far. If I could have talked them into making one for a 1st gen, I would have spent the money on a F4.

Hmmmm..... Maybe it is time to rattle the cage again. The more people that ask for one the more likely he is to make one. I still have my old OEM shield that I could send him as a pattern.

Hmmmm..... Maybe it is time to rattle the cage again. The more people that ask for one the more likely he is to make one. I still have my old OEM shield that I could send him as a pattern.

Hey, shouldnt you be working or something??????:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Take a look at Cee Baileys stuff. Bit thicker than stock and run from 18" to 24" heights. Didn't see anything on wider though.

I installed one a couple years ago and it's done well. Looks like it did when I got it. Took a direct hit from a Grackle last summer at 70 MPH and didn't even flinch.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/xvz13venturews.html

Mike

I have a very lightly used Slipstreamer for sale. Got a couple very minor dings in it- none of which are really in the line of vision in the first place.

PM me an email address and I can send you full size pics and negotiate pricing.

this is my fourth year with the extra tall/extra wide (with vent) Clearview Windshield. They are well built and work as advertised. It is an investment to say the least but well worth it.

Did you have yours tinted? If you did, what color and do you like it?

I ordered one from Ron Ayers. -Thanks Raybear71 !!

Total was ust under $100 for a Slipstreamer with a vent. (Delivered via USPS)

I might get dinged for another $13 for taxes at the post office...but not the whopping brokerage fees UPS charges.