IGNORED

Watched my nephew go over the handlebars yesterday.

spitfire9

On his brand new Ninja 650R. He took the msf course and bought that bike, and I thought; hmmmm. He had 574 miles exactly of experience. :whistling:

We were 3 in a line, and he was leading and I was last. Following a car too close going about 25, the driver slammed her brakes (because she was also following too close), he panicked and locked up the fr wheel, and zip- he was over the top in an instant. He got lucky- scraped the heck out of some skin, and bike is probably totaled, but no major injury. Hopefully the next bike won't be a ZX-14! :no-no-no:

Dang it!!! Glad he is ok...

On his brand new Ninja 650R. He took the msf course and bought that bike, and I thought; hmmmm. He had 574 miles exactly of experience. :whistling:

We were 3 in a line, and he was leading and I was last. Following a car too close going about 25, the driver slammed her brakes (because she was also following too close), he panicked and locked up the fr wheel, and zip- he was over the top in an instant. He got lucky- scraped the heck out of some skin, and bike is probably totaled, but no major injury. Hopefully the next bike won't be a ZX-14! :no-no-no:

Glad he is not too badly hurt. I learned a RSV is too big to fly over the handle bars but I tried last year in a similiar situation. I have been riding for 42 years and found out complacency is just as bad as inexperince.

Glad he's OK! Well, he's graduated from "Those who are going to" to "Those who have." (Two kinds of motorcycle riders) Yes, a valuable lesson, hope he continues to ride but with a new respect for what can happen when you least expect it! Ride defensive!

Glad he is not too badly hurt. I learned a RSV is too big to fly over the handle bars but I tried last year in a similiar situation. I have been riding for 42 years and found out complacency is just as bad as inexperince.

Truer words were never spoken!

Glad you nephew is ok. That is the most important. The guys that ride croctch rockets complain about the high insurance rates but this is why. They are so easy to total. I can't remember the last time I had a customer with a claim on a cruiser or touring bike, but I had four crotch rockets that were totaled last year. They also get stolen a lot. A dealer in Columbus, GA told me there had been 8 crotch rockets stolen there in the last few months.