IGNORED

Bread,Milk,Eggs, and 5 Gal of Gas

FROG MAN

Whats going on with Grass? My scoot gasoline budget is being sucked down the carb of the lawn mower. This crazy weather hot with rain everyday? I think the grass growing is setting off the motion dectectors in the yard.New Son-N-Law had a grip on it but since he took that job cutting and grooming a golf course the last thing on his mind is my front yard when he gets home.Five more gallon please $$$$.

I have been thinking the same thing. Twenty bucks to fill the riding mower gas can, not good. That would take me many miles on Red Raven. She is almost ready for a ride. Same problem here with grass growing like wild. First time I have ever had to raise the deck up and then back down and back up next week to keep from having to rake, I hate to rake. I have been wondering why the motion detector lights keep coming on at night and causing me to get the Ruger pistol out and inspect things, it is that dog-gone grass growing.:think: :whistling:

PS: I work for the State HWY Department here, and when I worked with the agronomy crew, we sprayed troubled areas of the hwy with what is called Strong Hold. The chemical will slow the grass from growing by leaps and bounds. If the public had access to this, and it was affordable, the mower business would go under. They really would, I saw and knew where we sprayed and was amazed the first time I saw how it slowed the grass from growing. We used it in areas behind the guard rail and so forth that could not be reached by a tractor, especially on I-64 .

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
can not spell worth a hooooot, and did not proof read first. my bad

I can feel your pain,,, I think I'm going to have to spend some cash on that fertilizer stuff. Seeded parts of my lawn 4 weeks ago, still waiting for real grass.

Marcarl you would not have that problem here. Rain and warm temps so long the grass growing is killing us. Sometimes some are mowing twice a week. We had a real early spring this year. First time in many many many years. The kids did not even miss any school this year because of snow either, to warm this winter. It has rained and rained and been really warm early. Mow mow mow mow mow mow wow wow mow mow mow .....

Fuzzy

Well the up side of all the rain you folks are getting is that the water reservoirs are refilling. It wasn't that long ago when some lakes were as much as 15-20 feet below normal. Have they come back up to anywhere near normal again? I remember at the same time farmers were hauling hay down from the northern states for their livestock.

Larry

Well the up side of all the rain you folks are getting is that the water reservoirs are refilling. It wasn't that long ago when some lakes were as much as 15-20 feet below normal. Have they come back up to anywhere near normal again? I remember at the same time farmers were hauling hay down from the northern states for their livestock.

Larry

I am in the Eastern part of Kentucky, and did get really dry a couple years ago. The water table is back up according to Tony Calvilier the weather guy on TV. Our lake reservoir here got so low, that the city was pumping water into it from Tygarts Creek. Back to normal and over full now.

The first time I saw some of those huge, really large bails of hay, I thought that was strange. Our hay bails in square are rarely over two feet X four feet. Those large bails from out West, or where ever, are 4 or 5 feet wide X 6 or 8 feet long. Most everyone has gone to the round bails now.

Fuzzy